Chapter 3

Song: Remember I Told You by Nick Jonas ft

Song: Remember I Told You by Nick Jonas ft. Anne-Marie, Mike Posner

●●●

She suddenly laughed after I said those words. Napakunot-noo naman ako. Her laugh was sarcastic - like she just heard the funniest joke in the entire world.

"How will you even help me, Fourth?" Her words were full of sarcasm, "Ano, you'll beat up my sister to death? You'll punch her?" She uttered in disbelief.

"N-No," I denied. Although I don't really care of the gender of that person who dared to hurt my girl - I'd still kill her/him.

"Then what? You're violent. Basagulero. Siraulo. If you're going to avenge for me, mas lalo mo lang ipalalala ang sitwasyon ko."

I became silent at what she just said. Nakatitig lang ako sa mga mata niya - and behind those eyes, I know, she was utterly broken.

"Do you even love me for saying you'll do everything for me, huh, Fourth?" She challenged. Mas lalo naman akong natahimik sa sinabi niya.

"Do you even love me?" She asked again.

But then... I kept silent.

Napailing naman ito. Her face showed she was disappointed, "You're unbelievable and pathetic. Just stop chasing me around, Fourth." She finally said before leaving me alone in the rest room...

As her words continued to linger in my mind.

●●●

"Dad," Bumalik naman ako sa kinaroroonan ni Dad matapos ang pag-uusap namin ni Ava. I couldn't even concentrate now because her fucking words pierced deeply through my mind. Like she was challenging me if my loyalty and all the things I did for her were legit and true.

Fuck, I'm even still a virgin because of her. Siya lang naman ang gusto ko at tangina na ang lahat ng mga babae.

"Oh, Fourth, did you get laid now?" My father grinned mischievously, "I saw you following Ava - so did you have some quality time?" I know Dad just loves to tease me but sometimes, hindi na nalulugar ang mga biro niya.

I sighed. Tinignan ko naman ang lugar nina Tito Rupert. Ava was already with her father - together with her older sister, Anna again. Ngumingiti ito habang ipinapakilala sila ni Senator Vargas sa mga guests.

Sometimes, she's really confusing.

And it fucking frustrates me.

"Dad, hard to get ba si Mom?" I asked Dad out of blue as I was just merely observing Ava mingling with some guests in the party.

Bigla namang natawa si Dad sa tanong ko, "A little - 'cause your mom got easily seduced by me. But she's a tough one kaya nahirapan din ako."

Napailing at natawa na lang din ako sa sagot niya, "My seductions are no use for her Dad."

Kahit anong gawin ko, hindi pa rin siya bumibigay sa akin. Halos buong buhay ko ay siya lang ang tinitignan ko at wala ng iba - but I guess, fucking all of it weren't.enough.

May napansin naman akong lalake na lumapit kay Ava. I know he wasn't a politician because he looked younger. He looked like we're on the same age or maybe he was older by two. I noticed he kissed Ava's cheek as a greeting. Ava was now smiling at him as well. They were now talking to each other and smiling. Somehow, I sensed something different.

Mailap si Ava sa mga tao - pili lang ang kinakausap niya and this guy is a sort of exception.

"Dad, who's that guy talking to Ava?" I asked Dad. Madalas kasi kapag pulitiko ka, halos kilala mo na lahat ng mga maimpluwensya at mayayamang tao sa bansa.

"Ah, Vasquez's son, Neo Vasquez," My father answered warily, "They own the Vasquez construction firm. Pero front lang nila 'yung firm. Rumors say na mga drug lords ang pamilya nila, Fourth so you better avoid that guy."

Napansin ko naman sina Ava at 'yung Vasquez na lang ang nag-uusap. They seemed to enjoy each other's company. Mas lalo lang kumunot ang noo ko.

"Fuck," I heard my father cursed, "Putangina, lalapit na naman sa 'kin 'yang feeling close na Trillanes na 'yan. I have to go to the rest room muna, Fourth." I didn't really hear that clearly what Dad just said. I was too focused at observing Ava with this Vasquez guy.

I even noticed that this Vasquez guy was touchy to my girl. May binubulong pa ito sa tenga ni Ava - then Ava giggled. Fuck, fucking how?

Naikuyom ko na lang ang mga kamay ko.

●●●

Nakasandal lang ako sa hood ng kotse ko nang dumating na ako sa harap ng gate nila. Senator Vargas house is found in a very exclusive subdivision at alam ko sa mga oras na iyon ay siya lang ang nasa bahay nila.

Nauna kasing umuwi si Ava sa party at nagpaiwan sina Anna at Senator Vargas sa party. And the fucking usual, Neo was the one who accompanied her. Ito iyong humatid sa kanya pauwi sa bahay nito. It seemed to that Tito Rupert didn't mind that her daughter going along with him. From what my Dad said, sindikato ng droga ang pamilya ng mga Vasquez - that a person should be careful in dealing with them - but Ava's father didn't mind at all.

And I couldn't really get why that Vasquez guy easily drove with Ava to her home. While me, Ava is making me suffer to hell just to get her fucking attention.

I got my phone out from my pocket. Alam kong nasa loob na siya ng kwarto niya dahil nakailaw na ito. Her room is located on the left side of the second floor of their house. I even left Dad alone in the party dahil sinundan ko sina Ava at Vasquez. Hindi lang kasi mawala sa isipan ko na magkasama silang dalawa kanina at nagtatawanan pa.

I dialled her number. I bought another sim card kasi binlock na naman niya 'yung isang number ko. Paulit-ulit na lang kaya nasasanay na rin ako.

But for that night, somehow, I felt something different. Oddly different. Hindi ko alam pero may kutob akong may mangyayaring hindi maganda sa aming dalawa.

Almost all the years of my life revolves around her. I was too devoted for her...

"You just can't really stop bothering me, huh, Fourth," She immediately said the moment she picked up my call. Kapag kasi may unknown number na tumatawag sa kanya, she would always assume that it was me.

"Open your window," I commanded. Narinig ko namang tumikhim siya.

"Why would I? You're not the boss of me."

"Just open it and look outside." I said straightly.

Ilang segundo naman ay napansin ko mula sa labas ang pagbukas ng bintana ng kwarto niya. From there, I saw her looking outside - and she frowned when she saw me standing, leaning on my car. I was holding on my phone near my ear while looking at her from afar.

"It's already past midnight. What do you want, Fourth?" Halata sa boses nito ang pagkairita but I didn't mind it. I was just merely staring at her.

"I don't know what the word love fucking meant, Ava," I uttered those words seriously. Napansin ko naman ang pananahimik niya. She was now staring at me as well - but I couldn't read her or what was going on her mind.

She is too complex.

And so am I.

"But all I know is that you're fucking killing me inside. Every day."

***UPDATES ARE EVERY WEEKEND SO DON'T ASK ANYMORE.