Chapter 15

Colors by Halsey

Colors by Halsey

●●●

"Hey." I greeted the moment Charlotte went inside my car and sat beside me in the front seat. I was fetching her from their house and we'll go to the university together that day. She immediately put the seatbelt on.

"So this is the privilege of being friends with you, huh, Acio?" She smiled at me. Napailing naman ako at napangiti na lang din. For the first time, I didn't feel irritated or even annoyed being with her. Usually, I always get frustrated with her annoying presence, but now, it seems that she's pretty different at all.

"That's what happens when you're friends with a Rivera," I joked as I focused my eyes on the road. It was still early in the morning.

"It's deja vu, I mean, our dads are best friends and now, we're finally friends," She nudged my shoulder, "You're not a devil after all, you know that?"

I just grinned. For the whole hour of driving, Charlotte was casually talking to me about what happened to her during the weekend. She seems like at ease and back to normal (her usual self) while telling me some stuff. To be honest, I like it. I like it when she no longer seems to hate me.

Ilang minuto naman ay dumating na kami sa university. I parked my car in the school's parking lot while Charlotte was putting a red lipstick on her. Red is always going to be her signature color.

Lumabas na kami pareho sa kotse. I waited for her to walk together beside me. It has been a week since we became friends. Even my cousin, Anjo, was surprised to know that I'm finally okay being with Charlotte Montessor. Buong buhay ko raw kasi siyang palaging tinataboy - o 'di kaya hindi tintrato ng tama. He said he couldn't believe it himself that the devil who's used to be rude and mean towards Charlotte - is now kind and friendly.

"What time's your break?" I asked her casually as we stroll down the building's hallway.

"Hmm, I have four subjects this day and mga 12-1:30pm lang ang break ko. Why do you ask?"

I shrugged, "I'm just thinking if we could have lunch together."

Bigla naman itong napatigil sa paglalakad at napatingin sa 'kin. Charlotte looked at me in disbelief and squinted her eyes, "What's happening to you?"