Chapter 18

Babe by Sugarland ft

Babe by Sugarland ft. Taylor Swift

●●●

"I don't know, I hate it, it's hard." Charlotte frustratingly sighed as she stopped answering her assignment. The two of us are currently sitting at one of the tables near the soccer field of our university. It was a sunny weather and we decided to take a shade. Tinutulungan ko rin siya sa assignment niya. She is still in her first year of her engineering course.

It's been a week since we decided to make our relationship official - and I didn't expect I will like this set up - that me and Charlotte are now a couple. I'm actually enjoying it. I like being around her, it felt lighter.

I became happy.

"Ayoko na sa engineering. Math is so complicated!" She complained even more and pouted. I couldn't help but to laugh at her reaction. She really looked like a kid while complaning stuff about Math. Well, a pretty cute kid.

"Why are you even laughing at me, Acio? Ugh! Magshishift na talaga ako ng course next sem."

I stopped and looked at her, confused, "What course?"

She beamed at me, "Culinary Arts!"

I grinned while imagining her to become a famous chef in the country, "Then you're going to be my pretty chef girlfriend."

"You'll be my handsome engineer boyfriend too!" She winked as she playfully kissed my cheek. This is what I really like about Charlotte, everything around her is just pure joy and happiness. That despite all the shits that I have done, she's always going to be my light. The light that will always fix my mess.

"Pero in a few months, magsisimula na on the job training mo then you're finally going to graduate. Hindi na tayo magkakasama sa school."

I smiled and held her hand, intertwining our fingers, "Don't worry, ako pa rin naman ang maghahatid-sundo sayo sa university. We'll still always see other every day."

Her dad, Tito Jared will also be fine with it. Kahit nga sila Dad and Mom, when they found out that me and Charlotte are together, they're very supportive for it. Of course, they always wanted this. Tito Jared and my Dad are best of friends.

Charlotte giggled, "I couldn't really imagine that you're this romantic now, Acio. Parang kailan lang, ang sama-sama pa ng trato mo sa 'kin."

"I never imagined to like this little annoying persistent girl either," I replied while looking at her straightly into her eyes, "I'll repeat it again, I like you, Charlotte Montessor."

I never expected that this once annoying girl will save me from all of my shits. She's... She's everything that I ever wanted to have.

Charlotte just smiled at me and gave me a kiss. I smiled as I held her back and deepened it. Ilang segundo naman ay narinig na namin iyong bell, indicating that our classes will begin.