Chapter 23

i hate u, i love u by gnash ft

i hate u, i love u by gnash ft. olivia obrien

●●●

"Why are you still doing this, Fourth?"

I don't know how many times Ava asked that kind of question. Maybe a countless time? I'm not sure. Since I came like to obsess with her when we were young, she always asks me when I am going to stop.

Sanay na ako sa mga salita niya. I don't even know if it did fucking hurt me or not.

I tightened my grip to the steering wheel as I remained silent and focused myself to the road. Katabi ko siya, she was sitting beside me on the front seat. Our classes were already done for that day. Magulo pa rin ang utak ko sa mga oras na iyon. Charlotte saw us being together again. I could notice the hurt when she saw I was with Ava.

But for sure, I know it hurts me as well.

"You know..." Ava looked ahead on the road as well. It was already night as well and the city lights were lingering on our surroundings, "No matter how many shits have happened between us, we're always going to be drawn into each other. It's fucked up, isn't it? Maybe it is. 'Cause we're both fucked up. We're both a mess."

Tahimik pa rin akong nagmamaneho matapos ang sinabi niya. Maybe because somehow, I agree with what she just said.

Both of us are complicated and fucked up.

Naging tahimik na ang paligid naming dalawa with only the music coming from the stereo was making a noise. I tried to look at my right where Ava was sitting. Nakatingin lang siya sa windshield sa gilid niya. I don't know why I suddenly felt something wrong inside me while staring at her. Ava is really mysterious. She's... too deep and complicated.

I've been watching you
For some time
Can't stop staring
At those ocean eyes
Burning cities
And napalm skies
Fifteen flares inside those ocean eyes
Your ocean eyes

Bigla naman siyang napatingin sa 'kin. She smiled when she noticed I was staring at her. I was almost taken aback because of that smile. Not because it showed something different, it's because her smile was genuine. Real.

"It's okay if you can't save me, Fourth," She started, still smiling. It was the first I saw something on her eyes, it showed real emotions, "I already accepted my fate."

Hindi ko alam kung bakit parang pinipiga ang puso ko sa bawat salita na sinasabi niya.

"I'm going to die anyway."