Chapter 7

Song: Super Far by LANY

●●●

I immediately went to my car the moment I arrived in the parking area. It was already late in the afternoon - at nagmamadali pa akong makaalis because of some fucking annoying girl who wouldn't stop pestering me for the rest of the day. Kahit sa mga klase ko ay nandoon siya at nakisit-in pa. I wasn't supposed to be listening to the lectures (no, I don't usually listen it) but I was forced to because fucking Charlotte kept bothering me.

I was even supposed to meet Ava later in her class pero she wasn't in her classroom already. I also texted and called her but she won't respond. Fuck.

I quickly opened my car's door pero bago pa man sumakay sa loob, I stopped when I noticed Charlotte also opened the passenger's door.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I asked her in disbelief. Pati ba naman dito?

She smiled at me sweetly like there's nothing wrong, "I'm going to ride in your car. We're going for a date, remember?"

Kumunot naman ang noo ko sa sinabi. Doesn't she understand to stay the fuck away from me?

"We're not going to date, Charlotte," I told her off, "We're never going to date." I added as I immediately entered my car.

But none of the words I said sink into her mind - dahil sumakay pa rin ito katabi ko sa driver's seat.

"Then I'll have to blackmail you then, Acio," She told me as I looked at her in disbelief, "I'll call my Dad to tell Tito Samuel that you're treating me badly again." She then smiled at me triumphantly.

For the past four years that she was gone, my life has been so much easier and quiet. Nobody bothered for that four years especially when I'm with Ava Vanessa.

Napahilot naman ako sa noo ko. I was trying to control my temper. Last time when I got mad at her, I got a beaten up not only by Dad but also from his father. I was even still a high school student on that time, a senior habang siya naman ay Grade 10 pa.

My father once told me kung gaano kalaki ang utang na loob niya kay Tito Jared noon - that's why he asked me na pakisamahan ng maayos si Charlotte. My father and Charlotte's are fratmates as well. They were once members of Alpha Gamma Phi - a fraternity in which now composed of weaklings.

"You're fucking crazy," I just told her as I started the engine and drove off. As if I have a choice.

"Crazily beautiful?" She replied, giggling, "Sa inyo na lang tayo. I already told Tita Vanessa na doon ako magdidinner sa inyo. I miss your family, Acio."

"We don't miss you." I snickered.

"Aw," She reacted, pouting, "It's been years, Acio. Hindi ka pa rin mabait sa 'kin. I wonder why crush pa rin kita until now but anyway, now I've learned Ava Vanessa got suddenly married, baka pwede na tayo." She even winked.