Chapter 9

Song: Issues by Julia Michaels

●●●

I immediately messaged Ava to meet me inside my car in our university parking lot. I even have to ditch my classes again para lang makausap ko siya. Fuck. My mind is in a mess right now because of that fucking video. Kalat na sa buong campus ang video naming dalawa - and I wouldn't care about it if I was only having sex with a different girl. In this case, it is different. Ava is fucking involved. This fucking video will affect her so much - because she's fucking married.

This is scandalous.

After half an hour of waiting, bumukas na rin ang pinto ng kotse ko. Ava quickly sat on the passenger's seat beside me.

"I... I saw the video." I said as I held the steering wheel. My grip on it was also tight.

I looked at her and saw her inhaling deeply and closed her eyes. Then she exhaled - she looked like she was about to cry.

"I don't know, Fourth..." She started to talk, "What if Neo will see it? He'll probably see it... He's my husband and if he'll see the video, he will know about us. He'll know that I'm cheating him with you."

Bigla naman akong natahimik matapos ang sinabi niya. Cheating. We're just cheating... and she's right. We're not in a relationship nor I can call her mine. Because we are just fucking cheating.

"He won't know. I promise, he won't know about us, Ava. Aalamin ko kung sino may gawa nito." I replied as my grip on the steering wheel tightened more.

"How? Kalat na siya sa campus, Fourth. I'll be dead. My family will kill me. My Dad will kill me. Ako ang ipinangbayad niya sa mga Vasquez dahil sa utang na loob niya sa mga ito. I'm just a pawn because I'm an illegitimate child..."

"Ava," I looked at her and cupped her face. I could notice the fear on her eyes. She was also about to cry, "I promise you, you won't get into trouble. Hindi ko hahayaang mangyayari 'yun sayo. As what I've promised, I'll do anything. I'll be your devil."

I'll do anything for her. I've always wanted her since I was young and I would do anything bad or good if it'll make her happy.

She nodded then she kissed me on my lips. I kissed her back. After a few seconds, we parted. I stared at her, examining her face. She's beautiful. She's really fucking beautiful.

"I know who did this," I said while piercing my eyes deep into her, "And that person will get real fucking trouble."

And I don't fucking care if her family is a friend of ours.

●●●

"Fourth, are you really sure it was her?"

Naglalakad ako ngayon kasama si Anjo habang tinutungo namin ng room niya. I asked and taunted the staff in the registrar kaya alam ko kung anong schedule niya sa araw na iyon.