Chapter 19

Style by Taylor Swift

●●●

I froze when she suddenly hugged me.

"Ava."

"Please," She pleaded, "Please let me hug you. Kahit ilang segundo lang."

Hindi ko alam kung bakit ganito ang ikinikilos niya ngayon. I don't know why Ava is acting like this to me... suddenly being so needy and emotional. She isn't like this. I'm not used to her being like this to me. I don't know. Or maybe... I don't really know anything about her.

And she makes me confused.

Hinayaan ko lang siyang yakapin ako. After a few seconds, she finally let go of me and smiled.

"Thank you, Fourth. I hope you're happy now." She said as she was the first one to step outside from the old classroom. I sighed. She's acting really different and weird.

●●●

"Hey, are you okay?" Charlotte asked me when we finally arrived at their home. Parehong nasa kotse pa kaming dalawa at tinatanggal na rin niya ang seatbelt niya. She is looking at me worriedly now.

"I-I'm fine." I smiled tightly to assure her. Sa buong biyahe namin, she was the one who keeps talking, she talked about what happened to her during their classes. I was just listening to her rants while focusing myself into the road.

"Hindi ka kasi nagsalita buong biyahe. Is there something bothering you?" Her voice became even more worried. I just stared at her. To be honest, what happened to me and Ava earlier keeps repeating on my mind all over again. The thought of her of suddenly giving me attention and feelings, I got bothered. I couldn't even concetrate because what she told me keeps replaying in my mind.

"Acio? Are you okay?"

All my life, I've been chasing Ava even if she always would ignore me and be vocal of hating me. I've been consistent in doing everything so she could like me back or be mine. But I never got that one thing that I have always wanted from her. When she told me she wanted me to become her lover, I agreed. I agreed with it, I agreed to have sex with her because she's the only one who's making me crazy and she's the only one slowly killing me inside... she's the only cause of my self-destruction.

I agreed being manipulated by her because I was fucking hoping she's finally going to save me from this shit.

That Ava could... fucking love me back.

"Acio," Charlotte suddenly held my hand and intertwing her fingers with mine, "Nagkasalubong kami ni Ava kanina. She told me you've met up with her."

Napatigil naman ako dahil sa sinabi niya.

I felt ashamed.

I felt guilty.

"I'm sorry." The words I could only say and looked down.