Chapter 14

Where did the party go by Fall Out Boy

●●●

Everyone was looking at me like I was an outcast as I walked down the hallway of the campus building. Anjo has his classes so I was just alone by that time. Everyone was looking at me like I was freak.

I couldn't help but to grin at them. Alam ko kasing hindi expected ng iba na ganito ang mangyayari sa 'kin. That I'm no longer famous for being the bad guy. Dati, kapag dumadating ako ay umiiwas kaagad sila sa 'kin. I had bad reputation. Magulo akong tao. Laging nagbabasag-ulo. Hindi seryoso sa klase. But now, it's different.

It started when I totally stopped following Ava.

I was currently walking towards the office of the College of Engineering Department dean. Kahapon kasi ay ipinatawag ako ng dean namin regarding about my status in the class.

It has been two weeks since we won the championship in soccer. Last week, I took the exam for my internship of my course. If I'll pass it, I'll finally have my internship for civil engineering in the next semester (which will be my last). I already got delayed and I was supposed to have the OJT last semester pa.

Nang dumating na ako sa office ay pumasok na ako sa loob. I saw Travis who just had done talking to the department dean, Engr. Silviano. When he saw me, he grinned at me.

"Fourth." He said as he was still giving me a sly grin. I smirked.

"Travis." I heard that he was running to be a Magna Cum Laude for the chemical engineering graduating batch. Trav is smart. He's pretty serious about life too.

No wonder why he became Charlotte's boyfriend.

Ilang segundo naman ay umalis na ito sa office. Then I sat on the chair in front of the office table of the dean.

"Mr. Rivera, I'm calling you here because of the results of your exam," Engr. Silviano started, sounding serious. Bigla naman akong nakaramdam ng kaba. For the first time in my life, I felt anxious and worried regarding about my academic status. Dati, wala naman akong pakialam kung bagsak ako o hindi. Academics didn't bother me that much dahil ang importante lang 'nun sa 'kin ay magkasama pa rin kami ni Ava.

Now, it's a matter of life and death. I studied and reviewed very hard just to ace my subjects the past few months. It was even unusual of me to be conscious about my grades - that even my parents wouldn't believe it when I finally took engineering seriously.

"D-Did I fail, Sir?" It was even hard for me to utter those words. My heart was even thumping faster than ever.

Huminga naman ito ng malalim. The dean then looked at me in the eye. He really seemed serious.

"Mr. Rivera... you passed."

Natahimik naman ako matapos ang sinabi niya. I was shocked for a minute before his words finally sinked in. I passed.