Epilogue

Epilogue

●●●

Photograph by Ed Sheeran

"I'm sorry..."

"You're a fucking asshole, Acio. You're a fucking asshole..."

I looked down as Charlotte swore and cursed my name a lot of times. She was crying hard as she was punching my chest with all her strength as well. Nasa labas kasi kami ng bahay nila at nag-uusap. Gabi na rin sa mga oras na iyon.

Last week, Ava Vanessa died. Nobody even her own family visited or took care for her funeral. Iyong sarili niyang pamilya ay parang wala ng pakialam sa kanya. They even acted like Ava never existed.

I was mad at them for being a bullshit of a family. Kahit man lang sa huling hininga niya, ni kahit isa sa kanila ay walang nagpakita. I was the one who took care of everything. Even though my dad, Samuel the third, didn't want me to get involved with their family, I took care of everything after her death. I was the one who also took care for her funeral. I was the one who paid everything for it using my own savings without telling anyone.

In her funeral, I was the only one who attended.

Even until her last breath, Ava Vanessa died alone.

And I hate myself for it.

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't save her.

And I hate her for not letting me.

"I hate you so much, Acio. You're so fucking unfair..." She cursed at me more as she tried to stop her sobs. My conscience continued eating me. She was right. She was always right.

I'm the most unfair and fucked-up person in the whole fucking world.

After her funeral, I asked Charlotte to see me. I know she told me before na ayaw na niya akong makita pang muli. But I had to. I have to correct my mistakes. I don't want to hurt her anymore.

Everything that just happened what just too much for me. I know, I wouldn't handle it anymore if I'm going to continue living in this shit of a mess.

I want... I want to be alone... away from everyone.

I apologized to Charlotte for the all the bullshits that I did to her. Alam kong wala na iyong kapatawaran at siguro, mas lalo niya lang ako kamumuhian. I hate myself either. I hate my fucking self.