Chapter 20

Why do boys lie by Alicia Moffet

●●●

I stopped the moment I saw Charlotte sitting on the floor while hugging her knees outside of my bachelor's pad. Kakauwi ko galing sa ospital, from my visit to Ava Vanessa. It was already 2am when I came back to home.

I noticed she was somehow sleeping. She was also wearing a dark blue gown. I would admit she looked beautiful. No, Charlotte always has this angelic aura that I know will going to be... the light.

Kanina pa ba siya nandito? Before I went to Ava, I texted her na hindi ko siya masasamahan sa birthday party ng Daddy niya. I told her there was some emergency that happened. She replied that it was fine and asked me what kind of emergency. I knew she was worried but I didn't replied to her messages anymore.

I crouched and touched her face softly, "Hey..."

Charlotte groaned and opened her eyes slowly. She looked surprised when she realized it was me, "A-Acio!" She immediately stood up and now, she even looked more beautiful with her gown.

"Did you wait for me?" I asked her softly and she nodded. She bit her lip and looked down.

"I was worried kasi 'nung sinabi mong may emergency ka so pumunta kaagad ako dito sa pad mo and I noticed na wala ka pala dito... kaya hinintay na lang kita. Are you okay, Acio? May nangyari ba?" She said worriedly.

I suddenly felt my conscience building up. Nagiguilty na naman ako. She waited patiently for me outside for hours. Yet, she didn't even get mad at me. She didn't ask me why but instead, she told me she was worried.

Charlotte loves me unconditionally. She always does.

I held her hand. I knew she looked surprised again with my sudden gesture. Hindi ko alam kung bakit kinakain ako ng konsensya ko. Charlotte has always been good to me. She's so pure and innocent that I could feel anytime, I'll taint her soul with black.