Chapter 62

Chapter 62

- Sophie's POV

I can't believe it, I can't believe she just broke up with me, Dal was right, I shouldn't have lied to Dems, but then again it's not like I could tell her anything. What am I gonna do now? How can I feel complete again without her? And Alex and Lain, how will they cope with it? After Demi hung up I decided to call it a day and go home sleep, I don't even know if I'll be able to call Demi's apartment my home again, Demi will probably want me to move out. I went home and as for habit I took it to mine and Demi's room, I couldn't get myself to sleep, I couldn't stop myself from having bad thought. I went straight to our bathroom and sat on the far corner of the bathroom taking with me one of the spare razors Demi had bought a while ago. I was just there on the corner, sat on floor crying my eyes out silently while deciding what I'd do with that blade in hands, I looked at it and it seemed like nothing mater anymore, I didn't even got the change to tell Demi that Lee was my childhood friend, actually I'd say she was my first actual friend, she is Lucas's, Carol's son, half sister, but Carol and everyone else in the family treated her like family itself. After Letícia turned 16 she was select to be trained as a model for Victoria's Secret, we got distant right after she went to live in Paris for her job, we could still meet when I was over there or if by luck we got to be at the same country and city at the same time. After a couple of years modeling she decided to call it a break and go get her design degree, well turn out that after she had finished college Lee was invited to work designing rings for Swarovski AG. Since Christmas I had been thinking about proposing Dems and then I thought why not ask Lee to design an unique ring for an unique girl? My girl. So I spend some days thinking about how I wanted it to be and two weeks ago I had an idea, have the Lovatics' heart twisted so that the heart's bands stayed facing each other, and at the junction where the bands cross a diamond would be placed, so I told Letícia how I wanted it to be and two weeks later she had it really well done, so she called me yesterday to go get the ring and meet up since she's in town. So we met up and she asked me what I'd tell Demi, how I'd propose and then we sat down on our chairs, I took her hands in mine and pretended she's Demi so I could show her how I'd do it.

After a long while staring the blade in my hands I decided to go play instead, I wouldn't do it to myself, especially now that I've Lex and Lain, I have to be a role model for my kids, that's what mom used to tell me. I went to where the piano was, pulling the open box with the ring on the piano and sat down to play One and Only by Adele

You've been on my mind,

I grow fonder every day,

Lose myself in time,

Just thinking of your face,

God only knows why it's taken me so long to let my

doubts go,

You're the only one that I want,

(Memories of Demi and I flooded my mind while I played)

I don't know why I'm scared,

I've been here before,

Every feeling, every word,

I've imagined it all,

You'll never know if you never try,

To forgive your past and simply be mine,

(I noticed I was crying, but didn't bothered whipping the tears away since I was alone playing)

I dare you to let me be your, your one and only,

Promise I'm worthy,

To hold in your arms,