Chapter Six

Walking down the street hand in hand with Jace felt different this time, not like before in the mall, this felt like I was happy and I was. Jace looked down at me smiling, I never seen him smile, it was perfect unlike mine mine was like I was pricked by mom in family photos.

We got to the mall, I didn't know we were coming here, I jolted back, he stopped and faced me. "it's going to be okay" he was saying "I'm here, nothing going to happen to you" he was so protective over me, I loved that. I nodded, I gripped harder in his hand, I noticed it hurt him but he didn't want to show it, we walked through the door, today it was busy, much more busy, I looked up at him, he nodded, and whispered "it's okay, we can go if you are uncomfortable."

"You going to have to shop somewhere different to get your jeans" I said, he just laughed, he knew what I meant, "okay we won't ever go into that shop, if it makes you uncomfortable.

"Come on, I'm buying you something, because you have bought me stuff." I said dragging him into a shop.

I let go of his hand, woah, I feel okay, "go somewhere else I don't want you to know what I have bought you" I gestured him to walk away, did he get that message, he walked up to me and put his hands around my waist and kissed me, I kissed his soft lips back.

He walked away, I looked and thought what am I going to get him, what does he like, I looked at everything, I saw him walking back over to me "stop, don't come closer, I don't want you to see what I got you, by the way when's your birthday?" I asked.

"8th April, why?" he asked stopping.

"it's your birthday present" I said gesturing him to go away.

"okay, when's your birthday?" he asked, waiting for an answer.

"18th April" I said confused.

"Right then, I'm going to the other end of the store to buy you something, meet at the doors when you finish," he kissed my check wile walking passed me.

right what can I get him for his birthday, it better be a good one, oh my God, I don't know what to get him.

I finally came to a good conclusion, black top not the same as the thousand he has, it has a cookie on it, blue jeans and blue shoes, yeah he better like that.

He was waiting like he said at the door, he smiled while I walked over showing the bag for me, I really want to know what he got me and he wants to know what I got him.

"Right the that birthday store over there" I said pulling him next to me.

"Why?" what a stupid question but he cute when he is confused, you have to get me a card and I have to get you one, and some wrapping paper.

We walked into the store, I lost grip with his, and walked over to the guy birthday cards, how old is he? I don't know, I went to where he was standing and said "how old are you?"

"17 and you?" he asked.

"You seventeen this year" it came out in shock an I didn't wan  it to.

"Yeah, what age you going to be," he asked.

"I'll be 17."

I walked away, I got his card and the wrapping paper, I played and waited at the shop door, he was so cute when he walked over to me, now this made me forget I was in the mall.

"Come on, I need to go to Target across the road," I said taking his warm hand.

we crossed the road and walked into Target, I walked into the makeup section, Jace still holding my hand, I knew he did want to be standing around looking at makeup waiting for me to find the right foundation and eyeliner.