Chapter Sixteen

Jace has been secretive to me these past to weeks, I don't know what got into him, he finally accepted that his mom has left and his step dad doesn't want him.

"Jace and Jamie, come down stairs me and Jenna have something to announce." We heard Trenten. Him and Jenna have been going out for about 8 months now, we stood up and walked into the front room "Nice next to mom" He was standing in front of us, me and Jace took our seat.

"Me and Jenna, want to tell you something" He said taking Jenna's hand.

"Hurry" I said and my mom nudged me.

"Me and Jenna are getting married." I got up and hugged Trenten "Congratulations, I'm so happy, can I be a bridesmaid?"

"Yeah," next thing mom pushed me out the way, ok, and grabbed Trenten and Jenna and hugged them, my dad walked over as well.

"Well, I'm going" I said walking to the stairs "Jace, you, okay?" I said stopping Jace was frozen on the couch.

"Mate, you ok?" I heard Trenten. Jace stood up "Congratulations to you both." He walked out of the door, I was confused, what up with him. "I'll go" I ran down the steps and closed the door behind me.

"Jace… Jace… wait…please" I said running up to him, I grabbed his arm to stop him.

"What got into you, you been secretive to me, and you wasn't happy with Trenten and Jenna's announcement, what wrong, tell me?" I was panting.

I didn't get an answer he just looked blank, what's wrong with him, "Nothing wrong."

He brushed me off and starting to walk. "Is it about your mom and step dad?" He didn't reply to me. I walked up to him. "Where you going?" He ignored me, it killing me now.

"I need to clean my head, I'm going for a walk," He said.

"Want me to go with you?"

"No, go back to your family" That hurt, I stopped in my tracks and watch him walk away, he turn around to say sorry, he meant that.

_________

I got back into the house, Trenten walked into the hallway "Where is he?" he was confused.

"He gone on a walk… to clear his head, is happy you are marrying Jenna," I said trying to hold back tears "Don't get mom, I want dad" the reason, I have told dad alot more than mom.

"Ok, " he gave me a hug and walked in, I heard Trenten telling dad "Jamie wants you"

He walked out of the room, "What is up?" he walked up to me and gave me a hug, I wrapped my hands around his waist "I'm losing him dad, I'm losing Jace."

"Come on" I followed him up the stairs. He put m  into bed, like when I was 5 and I was upset. "No you haven't, he loves you too much."

"Thanks dad" I pulled him in for a hug "I love you"

"Love you too" he pulled out of the hug and kissed me forehead. "Have a rest," he stood up "It's going to be fine"

2 weeks later

Jace hasn't come back, I'm so scared, Trenten and my dad has been out looking, Jenna trying to help, she getting my mind of this by getting me help with the wedding. We was sat on her and Trenten bed. "Jamie, he is fine, he'll be back."

"What if he is not?" I said shaking.

"Come on" She pulled me into a hug, me and Jenna have become close since she announced the engagement. "Which dress?" She said showing me a magazine with wedding dresses. "I like this one but Trent like this one" I looked at it, "I like this one, it totally you" She looked at it. "Really?" she said In disbelief. "That's what Trent said."