Chapter Thirty-three

Chapter Thirty-Three: Smooth Cheeks and A Fever

Charlotte moaned as Silas's big hand moved slowly up her bare leg. His fingertips danced across her skin and Charlotte's body trembled under his touch.

His lips traced her jawline, moving to her neck and then her hear. "I love you, Miss Charlotte."

"And I love you." she whispered as Silas shifted beneath the blanket on the tiny bed and covered her body with his own. "Silas... It's morning." Charlotte whispered with a blush as she glanced back at the sunrise shining through the window.

Silas smiled warmly. "And you look beautiful in the sunlight." His lips once again found her neck and then moved lower still to gently caress one of her bare breasts, teasing and licking as her back arched against the mattress.

"Everyone will be wanting breakfast." She gasped, though her hands locked on her head, holding his mouth in place. She felt his warm breath wash over her in a rush as he chuckled.

"They all ate just fine before you began cooking for them, Miss Charlotte. They'll make do this morning."

Charlotte's further argument died on her lips as Silas slid himself inside of her. "There are plenty of muffins." She agreed breathlessly as her arms looped around his neck.

Silas's warm brown eyes sparked with amusement. "Let them eat muffins." He agreed.

Charlotte pulled his face down and kissed him hungrily as he loved her. Filling her body and taking her deeper into the raging whirlpool the way only he could. His touch reached her soul in a way that no other touch ever had and none ever would again.

She loved this man completely. Her husband. Her soul mate.

Charlotte felt herself nearing her peak and just as she tumbled over that edge, Silas stiffened as well and their moans of pleasure mingled and mixed as their lips and mouths remained in a hungry embrace.

"I've never done that before." Charlotte blushed as Silas lay on his back beside her and she curled up on her side against him, resting her head on his chest and enjoying the sound of his pounding heartbeat.

"I seem to remember doing just that a time or two." Silas argued with a smile and Charlotte laughed lightly, spreading her fingers wide on his dark stomach and loving the contrast of their skin.

"I mean that I have never done it in the morning."

"What about the afternoon?" Silas asked with a grin and Charlotte shook her head. "Well that will be my next plan of attack."

Charlotte laughed again and snuggled up closer to him. She was surprised when she found herself drifting off to sleep in his arms until Grace let out a whimpering cry.

Charlotte smiled as Silas instantly rose from the bed and slid into his pair of pants on the floor before walking to the crate that they had lined with blankets to serve as Grace's bed. He picked her up and gave her cheek a loud popping kiss, causing the infant to nuzzle his face, searching for something to eat.

"Mama, I believe your services are needed." He laughed. "Now I would gladly do anything in the world for both my girls but old papa Silas just don't have the right equipment to satisfy Little Grace this morning."

Grace let out a squeal and kicked her arms and legs for all she was worth causing Silas to laugh. "Alright. Alright, Little Grace! Right here's your mama." Silas turned back to the bed and laid Grace into Charlotte's waiting arms.