Levels -/- Chapter 1 (New Kid)

(these are just a visual to help you picture the Characters

(these are just a visual to help you picture the Characters. But you can always picture them differently if you would like!)

This is the first book I've ever wrote. The beginning of the book may not be the best, but I hope to get better the more I write. Thank you so much for clicking on this book, hopefully you enjoy it. If you do, rate it, share and comments would be awesome!

"Chase we need to leave for school!" I yell at my brother from the bottoms of the stairs. "Chill Alex" he says back in a calmer voice. I role my eyes and walk into the kitchen. I grab a water from the fridge and walk outside to the car.

Chase comes out a few minutes after I got in the car. When he comes out he turns on the car and sits back with an excited look on his face. "What are you so excited about?" I ask him confused "it's school, you shouldn't be excited".

He looks over at me with a smile on his face, "school isn't that bad" she says as he puts the car in gear. "I'm going to ask out Makenna today" he says with excitement in his voice.

Makenna is his 'crush' he's had since we first got in high school. He is a senior and I'm a junior, and he is just now asking her out. "Well don't get your hopes up, she might not say yes" I say looking over at chase with a smirk on my face.

Chase pulls out of the driveway and soon we are at school, Fir-wood High. I'm not a very social person when it comes to school. So I don't have much friends. But my brother, he has a lot. He is on the football team and is pretty well known.

When we get to school Chase goes right to his friends and leaves me alone. It's normal though, at school we barely acknowledge each other. He does his thing and I do mine.

I walk to my locker which is pretty close to the front of the school. In the halls I run into my friends Trae and Jane. They are the only friends I have, but I'm glad I have them. They follow me to my locker, I get my stuff and we go to our first class, which we all have together. "Alex, there's this new kid. And I call dibs" Jane says laughing slightly. They both always joke around with me, all because of one party that I went to. It's a long story but we played spin the bottle and I had to kiss a boy. So that's the joke. "Haha" I say with a fake smile. "But seriously, His name is Jesse" she tells me smiling. "Cool. He's probably some F- boy" I say not interested in the slightest.

Trae laughs then the bell rings. I go and sit down in my seat. Then this boy walks in. He must be the new kid. I look over at Jane and she looks like she is going to fall out of her seat watching Jesse.

He goes and sits in the back corner of the room away from everyone else. Trae leans over to me "maybe we should invite him up here" he whispers into my ear. "He's new, he will find friends" I whisper back then look over at him.

"Well he could hang out with us" Trae says back. "Whatever" I say getting out a book. "Come on, we need another person in our group" Trae says. I decide just to ignore him. I don't know why but I just don't really want anything to do with this new kid Jesse.

Soon class ends and we are back in the busy halls. Me and Jane are waiting by Trae's locker. After class he disappeared. "Jane let's go, Trae might not even come back to his locker" I say then turn around and see Trae walking with Jesse. They are walking towards us "hey Alex, this is Jesse" Trae says worth this stupid grin. Jesse holds out his hand, so I hold out mine and we shake hands. "I'm Alex" I say a little quieter than normal. "I'm Jane" jane says moving quickly in front of me to say hi to Jesse, who she obviously has a little crush on, actually a big crush on.

I have never liked making new friends, and really don't think I need anymore. I slip away and head into the bathroom.

————————————————————

Sorry that this chapter is short and not well written. It's the first book I've wrote. The chapters get longer and better latter in the book. Thank you for reading the first chapter and please continue to read. I would love to know what you think, so comment and rate if you would! Thanks!