Levels -/- Chapter 14 (Mason)

(Here's a refresher on Jesse and Alex

(Here's a refresher on Jesse and Alex. A refresher of what Mason looks like as well, now that he is coming into the book)

...
(4 months later)

My fingers run through Jesse's soft hair. His soft lips brush against mine, and we kiss each other passionately. "Ehm!" Jane clears her throat. I pull away from Jesse and smile. Jane was looking strait at us with a smile. "Get a room" she says when I look at her. Jesse laughs. His lips are all red and puffy.
Jane was over and we were working out choreography for a dance. Since we all enjoyed dancing, we all joined a dance studio. It is a pretty big one too.
We were split into groups and the group has to choreograph a dance to the song "One last time" by Ariana Grande. We were pretty far into the song already but we were almost finished.
"Um. I think me and Jesse are going to take a quick break" I stand up and grab Jesse's hand.
Jesse stands up and follows me, holding my hand. I walk into the kitchen and sit on the counter. Jesse walks up to me and pulls my body close to his.
      "It's been 4 months" Jesse says laying his forehead against mine. "Four months?" I ask not comprehending what he meant.
      He laughs, "we have been together for four months". I smile big and look into his eyes. "Mmmm." I hum before I kiss his lips lightly. I pull away and lick my lips, "we have. And do you know what?" I say to Kim smiling again.
      "What?" He replies in a question. "Four months months of you is not long enough" I wrap my arms around his neck.
     He smiles and blushes from my comment. He tickles my side and I laugh and jerk away from him. "Damnit" I say in a laugh. He tickles me more and I continue to laugh hard.
      He soon stops my laughter with another kiss. It has been four months since we got back together, and staying by his side and being his boyfriend is the best decision I have made so far. I don't mean to sound cheesy, but I'm just stating facts.
      Neither of us have said that we love each other yet. I do love him, but I just haven't said I do. He hasn't either. I will, but I just need the right moment.
     Jesse's breath was warm and minty. He deepened the kiss holding the back of my neck.
     My dad walks into the kitchen and Jesse immediately pulls away and clears his throat. "Afternoon Jesse" my dad says with a grin. "Afternoon, Mr. Preston" Jesse says back to my father. I get off the counter and stand next to Jesse. "You don't have to call me Mr. Preston, Jesse. Just call me Nick" my dad gets a water from the fridge and grabs the keys from the rack. "I'm going to work for a little. Be back around 3" my dad walks out the door saying.
       "We should continue with the dance" Jesse says giving me one last kiss before leaving to sit with Jane. I watch Him go and sit down, and when he sees me watching him he smiles then looks away. I smile and laugh slightly.
     I walk over and sit down next to him resting my hand on his leg and laying me head on his shoulder.
      I was really tired after dancing and being up late again last night. "We need to go to the studio and show Mellissa what we have so far. She want to see the dancers choreography" Jane says to us. I sit up and look at Jane "Fine. I'll drive" I jump up quickly and run over to get my keys. "Let's go" I say opening the door. Jane and Jesse were still on the couch sitting down. They get up and follow me out to the car.

...

"I just don't understand why we can't just leave it like it is. The dance is great" I complain to Jane. "Malissa said that we wanted more 'abstract'. Whatever that means" she says to me. I role my eyes, "fine. We will be more creative. And I have an idea" I smile grabbing Jesse's hand.
Jesse isn't looking at me or paying attention to the conversation. Instead he is looking across the room. "Jesse?" I ask trying to get his attention.
Jesse snaps out of the trance or deep stare that he was in. "Huh?" He asks looking at me then he drops my hand and walks past me. "What was that?" I ask laughing, confused from what just happened.
Jesse walks up to then boy sitting in a chair looking down at his phone. "Mason?" He asks sounding ticked off. The boy looks up from his phone and at Jesse. The boy smiles then get up, "miss me?" He asks placing his hand on Jesse's neck. Jesse grabs the boys hand and pushed it off of him. "What are our doing here?" He glares at the boy.
"Oh honey. I'm here cause I want to be here." He makes a fake frown and get really close to Jesse. I walk over to Jesse and stand next to him. I grab Jesse's hand and intertwine our fingers. "Who are you?" I ask with a faint smile trying not to be rude.
He looks down at me and Jesse's hands then looks up at me. He laughs quietly and looks into Jesse's eyes, "unbelievable" he says pushing in between me and Jesse, pushing us apart as he walks through.
I role my eyes and look at Jesse, "who is that? Why did he call you honey?" I ask curiously. "That's Mason" Jesse says. He grabs my hand again then we walk out the door and towards the car.
"How do you know each other?" I ask as we get to the car. I stop not getting into the car before Jesse tells me. Jesse turns around "he is my ex boyfriend" Jesse says annoyed. He obviously didn't want to tell me.
"Oh" I say looking at Jesse it's no emotion. When me and Jesse held hands he said "unbelievable" and now I know why. I give Jesse the keys and he walks to the driver side and gets in. I get in the passenger side and sit there with no emotion.
"Alex, I don't care for him anymore" Jesse says looking at me. I'm not looking at him, but I know he is staring at me. "No. I know. Just, Mason doesn't seem over you" I look at Jesse.
"Who cares?" Jesse says rubbing hand on my cheek.
I smile at Jesse and then turn away from him as Jane gets in the car. "Thanks for leaving me JERKS" Jane says crossing her arms.
I laugh and Jesse starts the car to go back home.

...

    We dropped Jane off at her house in our way home, so now it's just me and Jesse at my house. Jesse is still staying at my house. He still haven't gained full memory of him Mom and the rest of his family. I don't think he even really wants to remember, he hasn't had the most positive attitude to going back to his moms house.
       Jesse has practically moved in. He has his clothes, bathroom stuff, electronics, and pretty much everything he loves at my house.
      I don't mind, I like having him around. I just wish he would talk to me about it. I want to know what's going on in his mind.

      We are in my room and we are laying on the bed. Jesse is laying on his back and I'm laying my head on his chest with my arms around him. We lay like this all the time. It is comfortable and I love listening to Jesse's heart beat.
       "Can we talk about Mason? I want to know more about him, and why you broke up." I say with my eyes closed. I wasn't going to move off of Jesse, so I stayed laying on him.
      Jesse takes a deep breath then starts playing with my hair. "I went to school with Mason when I was in New York. We started dating and it lasted for about a year. He is a year older than me, and was a junior at the time. We had a good relationship, he was fun." Jesse tells me. "Then why did you break up?" I ask curiously, "he is good looking, you said he was fun and you had a good relationship".
      "I broke up with him at the beginning of my junior year. He started to get obsessive and crazy. He always wanted to have sex and I was just done with it. I couldn't handle him anymore. So I broke up with him. I went through half of my junior year getting dirty looks and gutting pushed against lockers. Then I moved here, and saw you. You were so sweet and not to mention super hot. The night we had dinner I started to like you. But it was different then what I felt for Mason....... I love you." Jesse says softly and just eases the love you into the story. I open my eyes and sit my head up to look at Jesse. I smile with a slight blush and look into his eyes. "I love you too, Jesse" I say back to him.
       I can't believe that just happened. I was just thinking how we haven't said the L word yet. And now we both have....
      I lay my head back on Jesse and close my eyes. I was tired and it seemed like Jesse was too. I could hear Jesse's heart beat calming down, and feel my head lift with Jesse's chest as he breaths. The warmth of Jesse and the calming feeling of having him with me, helped me fall asleep quickly. I love Jesse deeply and didn't know that I would have these feeling for him, but I'm falling hard.