Levels -/- Chapter 16 (Broken Hearts)

Jesse walks out of the alley then turns away from the Bistro. "Jesse!" I yell still crying. He doesn't stop and doesn't reply. Not a wave, no hesitation.
      I sniffle and tilt my head back. My neck pops then I turn it side to side. I move my shoulders in circles calming myself down. I am sad, mad, alone. I don't know what I'm feeling, but there is only one person I can blame. Besides myself.
         I wipe the tears from my eyes then walk out of the alley and start back to the Bistro. Mason walks out of the door and walks straight at me. "Alex. Where did Jesse go?" He really doesn't care about anything besides Jesse. Jesse was right, I should have just stayed away from mason.
       I get to mason, "you Son if a b*tch!" I swing my fist. It hits him hard in his upper jaw. He losses balance and leans over facing the ground to steady himself. I looks up at my and there is blood coming from his mouth. He touches his lip and looks at the blood on his fingers. Mason looks suppressed and confused. Mason chuckles "You don't deserve Jesse." He says looking at me with a glare. I punch Mason again, this time making his nose bleed. "No mason. You don't deserve Jesse. So shut up and leave me and Jesse alone." I grab Masons shirt and pull him up so he is looking at me.
       I drop my grip of his shirt and turn my back starting to walk away. "You just started something you didn't want to." Mason yells. I turn back around. "You started it. I just gave you a friendly warning. Don't mess with me, I play mean and dirty. I'm warning you mason, stay away." I walk to my car. I get in and drive away. I see Mason get in his car from my car mirror.
I don't know why I just punched him. Jesse just left and I don't know where he went. It sounded like he broke up with me, and Mason started the conversation. He ruined what me and Jesse had.
I start to cry again so I pull over my car. I don't want to drive upset and angry. I get out of my car and slam the door. I lean up against my car and place my head in my hands. I take deep breaths.
I feel like crap. I feel like it's my fault. I guess some things shouldn't be brought up. And that telling the truth isn't always the best thing.
My phone buzzes in my pocket. When I pick it up it's Jane calling. I wanted to pick it up, but I was crying and angry. The last thing I need is to yell at my best friend and screw up our relationship too. I wait for the call to end then I dial Jesse's number.
I put it to my ear and it rings. He doesn't pick up, and I don't blame him. "His is Jesse, can't make it to the phone. Leave a message, thanks" Jesse's voicemail plays. "Please leave a message after the beep" the machine lady says.
"Hey Jesse. I-I.... don't really know what to say. I just want to be with you. I was being stupid and childish. I understand what you were saying. Just please, if you eat this message. Call me back. I love you too Jesse" I hang up and put my phone back in my pocket.
The breeze and the warm air was helping me calm down. Every once in awhile a car would drive by, just blurs really. They were driving so fast, I couldn't really even see the people driving.
I cross my arms and just relax leaning up against my car. Then a car pulls up behind mine. I stand up quickly thinking that it is Mason. A man gets out, it wasn't mason. Instead he was a slightly older man. Probably around 30. "Hey kid. You okay?" He asks me walking up. "No not really. But I don't need any help. Thanks anyway" I try to shoo his away. "Did your car break down?" He asks not leaving. I guess it could seem like I'm having car trouble, but I wasn't. "No my car is fine" I say looking off in the distance. He nods and clears his throat. He leans up against my car next to me. "What's wrong boy?" He asks me. "Why do you care? I don't know you..." I tell him. He looks at my hand making a fist. I was just upset and not really wanting to socialize. "You have blood on your hands. Are you okay? And blood on your face" he says standing up in-front of me. "Look man. I'm fine, I had a bloody nose. Not a big deal. I appreciated you caring, but I don't need your help" I say opening my car window. I start my car again and drive away.

(Jesse's POV)

"Jane. Can you come pick me up?" I ask her while still crying a bit. "Jesse what's wrong?" Jane asks me. "Just come pick my up please. I have no one else" I say crying more. I love Alex, I just need a little time to think about the life that I want to forget. And him yelling at me for not talking to him. I just need a little space. And maybe he does too. "Okay. Where are you?"
" I'm downtown sitting in River wood park" I tell her. "Okay, be there in 5" Jane hangs up.
A few minutes pass and I get a call from Alex. I almost answer it. It took all of me not to. But I turned my phone on silent and put it away. My phone stops ringing and it buzzes. I take it back out of my pocket and see the voicemail he left me.
I put my phone to my ear and play the voicemail. Hey Jesse. I-I.... don't really know what to say. I just want to be with you. I was being stupid and childish. I understand what you were saying. Just please, if you eat this message. Call me back. I love you too Jesse" Alex says over the phone. He was crying through most of it. I turn my phone off and put it away again. Maybe I made the wrong move, maybe space is t what I need. I know I'm just trying to convince myself that I need Alex. And let's be honest, I don't need convincing. I do need Alex, and I need him right now. I also need time to myself. Just a day to think. Then I'll be fine. A red car pulls up in front of me. It wasn't Jane, she doesn't have a red car.
It was Mason. He gets out and he has blood on his shirt and on his face. It was sorta a lot. "Hey Jesse! Look what your fucking boyfriend did! I don't know what happened between you two. But whatever the hell did, Alex just started something you will both regret. Oh yeah, and I think it's sad that your boyfriend needs to speak and act your mind." He says getting up in my face. "Alex did this. You so got your ass beat. I kinda feel bad" I laugh. I think it's sorta hot that Alex could do something like this. I'm having a hard time believing hat Alex did this all. But at the same time, I know it could only be Alex. "I think you need to leave Mason. You look like crap and look actually pretty scared. Heck, I feel a little bad. Oh wait no I don't. I'm not bored of Alex, and I love him a hell of a lot more than I ever loved you" I push Mason away from me. Mason glares then goes back to his car and slams the door before driving away.
      Another car drives up and Jane roles down the window "come on" Jane smiles motioning for me to get in. I stand up and walk around her car then get in. Jane parks the car and unbuckles. "We aren't leaving till you talk to me" Jane says turning in her seat. She is looking at me so I look back her and make I contact. "Fine" I role my eyes and my voice cracks a little. Jane leans forward and waits for me to continue. "Me and Alex are not together right now. It's not permanent, just time apart." I say breaking eyes contact and looking at my hands which are tucked in my lap. "That explains why Alex wouldn't answer." Jane says. I look up at her quickly. "What? You called him!?!" I ask her. "Jesse, I am both of your friends. You didn't sound okay so I called Alex first, just to let him know I was picking you up. I didn't know that he had called it off" he puts her hand on mine. A single tear falls from my eye, "I called it off. Not Alex". Jane looks at me confused, "you seem so hurt, I didn't know you were this sensitive. Why would you break up with him if it is this hard for you?" Jane asks. "I don't know. It was stupid, it was just..... I don't know" I tell her. She smiles. Not that she was happy, more of a comforting smile. It worked too, Jane is always really cool.
Janes phone starts to ring. She picks it up and guess who it was.... Alex. And of course, she answers it. "Alex!?.... yeah he's with me..... I know, but your going to have to figure that out. You guys love each other. And ifs it real, you'll find your way past it" Jane says looking at me. She was saying that to Alex, but it was obvious she was talking to me too. "Do you want to talk to Jesse?" Jane asks Alex. I look at her with wide eyes hoping that Alex wants too. Then Jane frowns slightly looking away from me, "Okay, I understand. Talk to you later A" she hangs up and then starts the car again. "Seems like you both need to talk. You are both misunderstanding what is going on." She says.
"I know, but he doesn't want to talk to me" I say. I feel ridiculous, being so dramatic. I just love Alex a lot. I don't want to loose him. And I've already screwed up....
"Jane..." I say. She started to drive back to her house, since I wasn't going to go to Alex's.
"What's up?" She asks. She always is as positive as she can be. It's inspiring how positive she can be in some situations.
"Alex already did something. Something that's not like him. Something bad."
"What could Alex have done that was so bad?" She chuckles. Then she realizes I'm not kidding and her attitude changes and so does her facial expression. "What did he do? Jesse...."
"He beat up Mason. Mason cane and talked to me. He had blood on his shirt and all over his face. He threatened me saying that Me and Alex are going to regret this."
"Well, Sh*t. That's isn't like him." Jane agrees looking at me then back to the road.