Levels -/- Chapter 7 (House Party)

Its Thursday now and lots has happened. I told Trae and Jane that me and Jesse are going out. There reactions were priceless. Jane was mad at first but now all she talk about is Jalex. That's right, she has a ship name for us. She is a little annoying when it comes to things like this. Trae has just been giving me crap all week, talking about how the joke about me is no longer a joke. School has been different all week, I actually wanted to go. Things were different, I had a good reason to show up to school, I was having fun with friends. All week i have been happy, except for today... My date with Jesse is tomorrow and I don't want to go, and I don't know if i even want to be going out with Jesse anymore.

I'm at school in second period right now. Like I said, it is really boring. Another thing about second period is that I sit next to Cali. I want to go out with her, but i'm going out with Jesse right now. I don't know what i'm doing, and I don't want to feel like this. I don't even really want to go on the date with Jesse. After class ends I walk to Jesse, "Hey, follow me" I say. I walk out of the classroom and to the end of the hallway where nobody was. Jesse followed me and we are standing at the end of the hall together. "Um. Jesse....." I hold back on saying anything. I don't want to hurt his feeling by not going on the date, but I also don't want to go. "We cant go on our date tomorrow" I tell him. Jesse looks at me with upset face. "do you mind if i ask why?" his voice cracks. "I..... we just cant. I'm sorry" I say then walk away and don't look back. "Alex" Jesse says, and his voice sounded like he was going to cry. He really did like me, and i just broke up with him in public. I keep walking and head to gym. Class starts and Jesse isn't in class, probably because of me....

School ends and i'm at my locker putting away my books. Trae walks up to me, "What happened to Jesse?" he says in mean tone, as he yanks my shoulder so i'm looking at him. My books fall out of my hands when Trae jerks me to look at him. "Don't touch me" I say hitting his hand off of me. "I told him that we couldn't go on our date and that we cant date" I tell him picking up my books. "What the Hell!?" Trae says loudly, "you give him a chance, tell him you want to go on a second date, then dump him?". I don't say anything because I already feel bad about it, and Trae is Just making it worse. "That's messed up" Trae says and starts to walk away. He stops and turns back and looks at me "And Alex. He was going to ask you to prom" Trae says, "Today, right now actually". Trae walks off and I put my books in my locker and head out to the car. Chase is in the car waiting for me. I get in and slam the door. "whats wrong with you?" chase asks calmly. "just drive home, or let me" I say quietly looking out the window.

My parents still aren't home, they had to stay longer. So its just me and Chase home right now. We finally get home and i go strait up to my room and lay on my bed. Trae was right, it was messed up to do that. Even though breaking up with people happens all the time, I broke up with him, I was the jerk this time.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Its Friday now, and school today was horrible. Trae isn't talking to me, and instead is hanging out with Jesse. Jane understood and listened to my side of the break up. Trae is my friend, and it hurts for him to just not talk to me. I understand why, but it still hurts. Jane is Over at my house and my parents still aren't home. Chase isn't either, he is on a date with Makenna. That makes me and Jane home alone at my house. That's boring, there is nothing to do. "What if we through a party" I suggest to Jane. We are on the couch on our phones and it was quiet and awkward, and I just broke that silence. "Right, cause we are popular enough to through a party" she says still looking at her phone. "Well what if we have drinks, and we acts like its chases party". Me saying that caught her attention and she was now looking at me. "Okay, sure. We need to have fun on a Friday night.

Me and Jane text the invitations to the whole school and then we head to the store. Once again being stupid tanagers we buy alcohol. This time we bought a lot. when we got back home we ordered pizza and started playing loud music. About and hour later tons of people start showing up. And soon the house is packed and loud. Me and Jane are having tons of fun playing spin the bottle with some people, and then Chase walks in with Makenna. That made my heart jump. I totally forgot about Chase, why didn't I think about what would happen if Chase came home. I get up and walk over to Chase. "Dang Alex. A party? i didn't know you had it in you." Chase says. "actually, its your party...." I say laughing. Chase looks down at me "I wasn't invited to my own party?" he says loudly. "No go right ahead. Have a drink" I say pointing to the drinks in the kitchen. I go back and sit down to continue the spin the bottle game.

The game soon ends and it was fun. I kissed like 7 girls, and like 3 boys. I was having fun ans so was everyone else. I sent Trae and invitation hoping he would show up, but he didn't. Chase found a ping-pong table in the garage so they set up bear pong in the backyard. Chase also started a fire in the fire pit. Me and Jane went out back and sat by the fire watching people play bear pong. I haven't drank anything, chase was drunk and Jane wasn't drunk but she was drinking. That left me to be the responsible one, the one who has to tell everyone to get out and the one who has to clean everything up before morning and before mom and dad get home. People were all over doing whatever they pleased, and that includes making out on my couch. I now understand why throwing parties isn't the best idea. I was having lots of fun though, so i didn't stop the party.

Then I see Cali walk out the door. Oh great, that is not who i wanted walking into my house. She walks over to the fire and sits down on the other side on me. Cali leans in to my ear "please tell me you haven't been drinking". I laugh and look at her "Okay, I haven't been drinking" i say trying to be funny. "i'm serious, I don't like when people under age drink" she says punching me in the arm. I smile when she punches me, it also hurt. "I promise I haven't been drinking" I assure Cali. She smiles back at me "Good". She moves closer to me then lays her head on my shoulder, "I'm tired" she tells me in a quiet voice. It is quieter out in the backyard because the music isn't as loud. When she lays her head on my shoulder I sorta freeze. I just didn't know what to do. My crush just laid her head on my shoulder! I may be obsessing just a little, but i feel like I always do. I lay my head on hers, just like my mom would always do to mean when i laid my head on her shoulder. It was nice, Cali was warm and she smelt really good too.

That moment didn't last long though. It was interrupted when my phone started to ring. She lifts her head up and looks at me and I look at my phone. Trae was calling me, "Sorry Cali, i have to answer this" i say to her as i stand up and go behind this tree in my backyard so i an hear him. I answer the phone, "Hey" I say like I normally do when i answer the phone. "Alex, i'm in the hospital" he says in a shaky voice. "What!? Why!?" I ask quickly interrupting him. "I was in a car wreck" He says breathing deeply. "Oh my god, Trae!" I say loudly scared that he is hurt, "are you okay?" i ask worried. "Yeah i'm fine, But Jesse isn't....."