Levels -/- Chapter 3 (Dinner)

(Chases perspective)

I Wait for a reply from Alex. He reply's "Back off". I'm being nice he's new. And no it's not a date!". "Hahaha" I laugh aloud. Then I see Makenna walk out of the school. Okay Chase ya can do this I tell my self. Trying to give myself the confidence to ask her out.

I finally force myself to walk up to her, "hey Makenna, I was wondering if you would like to hang out....". Great. Just great, that was so not cool. That was really corny! Why did I say that!?!?

Makenna laughs a bit "Yeah I would like to 'hang out'" she says with a big smile. Well she thinks I'm funny, I guess that's good. "Great. How's dinner?" I ask her, I'm an original guy. I like to go to dinner, and I like to eat.

"Sounds good" she says still smiling. Her great smile makes me smile "I'll pick you up at 6" I ask unsure if that's a good time. "See you then" Makenna says then walks off with her friends.

Well since Alex went out with a friend, I guess I can just leave. I get into the car and drive home. When I get home I put away my stuff then walk up to my room. "Hey. So I asked Makenna out, and she actually said yes" I laugh on the phone with Isak. Isak is my best friend and has been giving me crap for being afraid of asking her out. But he also has been riding me like crazy to ask her.

(Alex's perspective)

It's about 5:30 now and we are finally pulling up at Denny's. Jesse gets out of the car and so do I. I follow Jesse in the door, it should be the other way around but he seemed like he knew what he was doing.

After about 20 mins we finally get seated and open the menus. "So what are you going to get" Jesse asks probably trying to start conversation.

"I don't know. There's a lot on The menu, I can't decide" I say looking through the menu.

"Yeah. I think I might just get the bacon Burger" Jesse says. I look up form the menu and notice his smile. He definitely isn't the guy that I thought he would be, he's the opposite actually.

I look back down at the menu. Short after the Water comes. "Are you ready to order?" He asks politely, even though it's part of his job it's still nice.

"Yeah. I'm going to have the bacon burger with seasoned fries please" Jesse say then looks over at me.

"And I'm going to have your Caesar salad, with ranch" I say and hand him the menu. The waiter walks away and we are back to conversation. "So where did you move from?" I ask assuming that's why he's new at the school. "I moved here from Montana" he says looked at me straight in the eyes.

I look away because it was a little awkward. "Oh cool. Did you like Montana" I ask him actually having a decent time. "Yeah but I like it here a little more" he says "Maine is pretty cool". Yeah I live in Maine, but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else if I could.

After a little of conversation our food arrives. "Great. I'm starving" Jesse exclaims. I laugh a little "Yeah me too". I start to eat my salad and Jesse start on his burger.

Soon we both finish eating and they give us our check. Jesse takes it and gets out money. "I'll pay my half" I tell him but he just looks up at me. "No it's fine I asked you to come" he tells me standing up.

I just decide not to argue and just let him pay. "Okay" I say agreeing standing up and following him to the counter to pay.

When we get outside it's dark. And it's pretty cold too. We get to his expensive car, when we get in I ask "is this your car. Or is it your mom or dads?".

"It's mine. I payed most of the cost and my parents payed the rest" he says pulling out of the parking lot. "So where's your house?" He asks me as he drives down the road. "1238 coast dr." I say to him watching your the front window.

When we arrive outside of my house I turn to look at him "thanks for dinner and the ride home" I say as we stare each other in the eyes. At this point it is awkward again. But before I could look away he leans in and kisses me.

I pull away quickly. "Um, why did you do that" I say wiping my lips looking away from him.

"Sorry, I didn't....." he says to me quickly. "I'll see you tomorrow" I say getting out of the car, I shut the door and he drives away.

When I get inside Chase is already home and on the couch. "How was the date" he jokes. "It wasn't a date" I say rudely.

"Well did he pay for you. And he drove you home. And took you to dinner, alone" chase says. "Yes he insisted on paying. And he drove me because you needed the car" I say walking up the stairs and into my room.