Levels -/- Chapter 9 (Awake)

"We don't know when he will wake up. It could take weeks to even months. The best thing we could do is just wait it out and let his body get out of it" The doctor tells me. Its been 3 days, and I haven't left the hospital. I didn't go to school today. I have been excused all week. When my mom and dad got home Saturday morning, they came strait to the hospital. They understood why I wanted to stay, so they told the school that i was excused all week. If I wanted to go to school I could, but I don't know if I will.

It turns out that Jesse's Father died, and the rest of the family he has is barely in contact. That's why i'm here, Jesse's mom has had to do a lot in the past 3 days. From insurance to bills to the fact that her son is in a coma. I figured I would stay and help with that, help lift some of the weight off of her shoulders. But you heard what the doctor said, it could take weeks or even months for him to wake up. I cant stay in the hospital for months. I will stay as long as i can, bu ti wont be able to stay to long. I haven't got very good sleep in the past few days, i have been sleeping in a chair.

Oh yeah, i almost forgot. Me, Trae and Jesse on the news. The part I don't get is that the whole school is worried about Jesse. They don't give a Sh*t about any of our existences, then something happens on the news and they all of a sudden care. I know it is very sad, i would know, but I don't get it. I don't even know why i'm on the news too. I wasn't in the wreck, i was only at the hospital and was the boy in the coma's ex boyfriend. I realize that that sounded mean, but its the truth.

Now the whole hospital staff knows that I was in a relationship with Jesse. That also means that the whole school does, and my parents, and the whole effing town. I just wish that I could have told my parents that was going out with Jesse. The worst thing is that everyone thinks that we are still together, because in his moms mind we are still together. She said cause if we weren't or if i didn't care about him more than in a friend way then i wouldn't have stayed 3 nights in the hospital sleeping in a chair next to him.

She had a point. I do care, but we aren't together anymore. The doctors think that Jesse may wake up soon. He is twitching, and is making some tiny movements. They said that he may be telling his mind to stay in the comma because he doesn't want to wake up. They also said that we would talk to him, read to him to help him start to wake up.

We tried, but it hasn't worked. Prom is on Friday and I'm going to be spending it in the hospital, sitting in he chair next to Jesse. It's alright though. I don't have a date and don't really want to go. I go back and sit down in the chair next to Jesse. He has made progress, so we can hug him and stuff like that. I hug him before I go to sleep. I am worried. Jesse is in a coma and who knows when he is going to wake up.

If i'm being honest, I do miss him a little. Yes I only knew him for like 2-3 weeks, but I still care. I did kiss him and did have little feelings for him but.... I don't know. I'm a bit confused about my life right now anyway. Its pretty late right now and i'm tired so i get up and give Jesse a hug. When i let go and go to sit down, the computer thing above him starts to beep loudly. one of Jesse's nurses comes rushing into the room and so does his doctor. They are always close, and they are quick when things like this happened, but nothing like this has really happened. It was a little scary, I have no clue what is going on. when they rush in they do some stuff and the screen above him is showing spikes in his heart rate. "Whats happening" I ask the nurse when she moves past me. "He may be waking up" she says quickly moving past me. They had me leave the room. When his mother came back with food from the cafeteria she stoped my the closed door "What's going on?" She asks me looking back and forth from the closed door and me. I am very anxious and happy to know that Jesse may be waking up from the coma. I don't know what his mothers reaction is going to be. "Jesse is possibly waking up" I tell her. She drops the food, which was a bit dramatic. She starts crying again, but this time it is more of a happy cry. She hugs me tightly and is smiling as she cries happily.