Levels -/- Chapter 21 (free)

"Jesse. No no no no. Sry awake, stay with me please" I say crying. I lift him up and hug him tightly. I close my eyes and lay my head on his. "I won't..." Jesse coughs.
"Jesse?" I list my head up and open my eyes. Jesse was awake and still breathing. "Oh my god" I sigh in relief. I sniffle and Jesse wipes the tears from my eyes. "The bullet hit my shoulder, I just pasted out or something. I wouldn't leave you" Jesse says sitting up and sliding to the wall. He leaves against it and puts pressure on his wound. I get up and look over at mason. "Go to hell!" I yell at him. "Why couldn't you have just stayed away!? You bastard." I walk up to him. And he points the gun at me. Again.
I realize someone walking through the door. And Mason doesn't notice.
The person walking through the door is Chase. I wanted to scream at him to help me, and jump in joy that someone is here to help us. But I didn't, Mason had a gun, and would pull the trigger.
I stay quiet and stare at Mason. "I don't get you. You keep mouthing off, when I have the gun" Mason says to me laughing. "I'm not scared of you. Your crazy and you are causing pain, but I'm not afraid Mason" I say to him, "your a coward. You hide behind a gun because you are afraid." I emphasize the You.
Chase is slowly getting closer and is heading towards a piece of plywood. When he gets it in his hand he continues his way toward Mason. I look back at Jesse and I could tell he could see Chase as well. He had a look of relief and comfort when Chase walked in.
I look back at Mason and he still has the gun pointed at me. But Chase is close and it reach to hit Mason.
Chase swings the wood and it hits Mason on the side of the head. Mason falls to the ground and chase drops the wood. Mason was unconscious. Thank god. I run to Chase and hug him. "I'm so glad your not hurt." Chase hugs me back. I back away "no, Jesse got shot. Do you have your phone?" I ask quickly holding my hands out. "Yeah I have it right he...." I interrupt chase by grabbing his phone when he takes it out of his pocket.
I dial 911 and put the phone up to my ear. "This is 911 what is your emergency?" A lady asks. "I am Alex Preston. I have been kidnapped and my boyfriend is shot and I need help please!" I say over the phone. "Okay sweetheart. Do you know where you are at?" She asks, now sounding concerned. "No. I don't" I tel her. "Okay I need you to stay on the phone so we can track your location okay?" She says. "Okay" I start to pace impatiently. Chase was with Jesse and was holding his Jacket against The bullet wound.
"Okay. We have your location. Help is on the way." The lady says after a few seconds. "Hurry please" I say. My voice was still very shaky and I was still crying a little. I turn around and Mason is standing right there. He quickly swings his fist and it hits my head. I stumble to the floor and quickly kick Mason in the stomach. He bends over from the kick, and I kick him again in the face. His head flings up and then he grabs his gun and shoots. I role on the ground and the bullet misses me. I get up quickly and try to punch Mason again. I miss and he hits me in the throat. I gasp for air, and start to fall back. Mason punches me in the stomach. Then again, and again. I fall to the ground. Mason Sits on top of me so I am pinned to the ground. He continuously punched me across the Jaw and my face. Mason gets up and kicks me a few times before chase punches him. Chases punch causes Mason to loose balance, and he falls.
I start to cough. I don't just cough though, I cough up blood. I wipe my mount and the blood from my lips. My lips were split and my nose was bleeding. I could barely stand up. I only had the strength to sit up and lean against the Table against the wall.
Chase was standing in front of Mason. Mason was on the ground, but sat up on his elbow with the gun in his hand. Chase takes a few step forward to Mason, and Mason pulls the trigger. The bullet hits Chase directly where his heart is. Chase drops quickly and has his eyes closed.
"Nooooo!!!!!!" I scream at the top of my lungs. I get a sudden boost of strength and get to my feet. I reach behind me and get the other gun from the table.
I quickly point the gun up to Mason and pull the trigger before he could pull his. He was going to shoot me next, so I had no choice. Blood starts to spread from the middle of his Chest. Mason body grows limp and he falls to the ground.
He was dead.
I see Chase still on the ground and Jesse was standing up walking over to him. I drop the gun and run to Chase. I collapse on the ground and turn Chase over onto his back. He was bleeding bad and wasn't breathing. "Chase! Damnit. You can't be dead, your my big brother, I need you." I cry loudly. Jesse kneels next to me and turn me to hug him. "Alex..." Jesse says hugging me tightly.
I lay my head on his shoulder and cry more. It was hard to breath. I felt broken, I just say my brother die. Saving me...
"He died trying to save me" I cry to Jesse.
"Alex, it's not your fault okay. You can't blame yourself." Jesse says crying too. I close my eyes and continue to cry on Jesse's shoulders. We don't move till the police get here. Paramedics walk in and so do armed police officers.
"Two down and one wounded!" An officer says walking over to us. Jesse helps me stand up and the police officer takes me with him. A paramedic walks to Jesse and makes him follow. We get out of the basement. We were in an empty Where house. The officer takes me out to an ambulance along with Jesse. They put Jesse on a bed in the back and me and the paramedics sit in the back with him. "Wait!!! My brother, I can't leave him" I yell running out of the ambulance. A police officer stops me "son. He isn't alive... we need to get you back to the hospital, you are hurt. Please Alex" he says to me. I cry and drop to my knees. The officer kneels next to me and puts his hand on my back. "Lets Get you and Jesse to the hospital" he says. I nod my head and the officer helps me up. I get back in the ambulance and they leave for the hospital. There was 2 other ambulances and they were loading Chase and Mason" but it was no help. Like the officer said. Chase was dead. And Mason was too.

————————————————————

We are at the hospital and Jesse is in a room with doctors. A nurse is cleaning me up and is doing an X-ray of my body.
My parents rush into the hospital and come over to me. They both hug me, squishing me between them.
It was all real, and it was over. We are back in the Hospital. Jesse is in the hospital bed with doctors rushing around him again. And Chase is dead.
Once I was cleaned up, police were asking me questions. When I told them what happened, they wrote it down then told me that I was safe and don't have to be scared of anything. The lawyer that came with them told me that I didn't have to worry about any charges against me.
But it's not me I'm worried about, it my family and Jesse. We are all in pain. I don't know what's next, or what will happen, but whatever does happen, life won't be the same. For any of us...

——————————/—————————

Thanks for reading my book! If you like the story, share it and Vote! It helps me a lot. Thanks again! Xoxo