Levels -/- Chapter 10 (Released)

"What happened?" Jesse asks back to being serious. "What do you mean?" He has to elaborate a little more. A lot has happened in the past week. "How did I get here? How did I get put in a coma?" He asks looking in my eyes. "A Jack ass hit your car with his truck" I say a little pissed. "You and Trae were driving somewhere and the car hit you. I feel like it's my fault, if I hadn't broke up with you and ruined your plans for prom then none of this would have happened" I say taking on. Jesse stops me from talking "I asked you to prom?" He asks with this really cute smile. "You were going to. But I broke up with you before. I didn't know that you were going to ask." I say ranting on again. He smiles bigger "did I miss it. Miss prom?..." he looks at me and puts his hand on my shoulder.
    "No. It's 2 days away" his face lights up and he sits up. "Alex Bradley, will you go to prom with me?". I sit up tall, I wasn't expecting that he would ask me still. "I don't know" I say looking down, looking away from Jesse. His smile drops and he looks at me with confusion. "You don't know?....." he says gently full of disappointment.
    I start to laugh and look back up at him. "I'm just kidding. Of course I will go to prom with you." I say still laughing. "Your an ass. You know that right" he says to me, he wasn't laughing. I stop laughing and look at him. He looks in my eyes and I look in his in silence.
    He starts laughing and I join him. He lays back down on the bed and looks at the ceiling and slowly stops laughing. I stop laughing too and place my hand on him chest and slowly rub it. "Are you Okay?" I ask. It was kind of a stupid question. He just woke up from a coma and he just laughed for like 10 minuets, and I asked if me was okay!? He sighs and closes his eyes "I have a massive headache, that's all. I just want to get home, but I don't really know where that is" he says still closing his eyes. "I know. You'll remember, but for now just relax a little. Don't stress yourself out" I say standing up. I get my phone out of my pocket and open my moms contact. "I'll be back" I say walking out of the room. I walk outside of the hospital to get some fresh air and call my mom. "Hey sweetheart. How are things? Do you need me to come down to the hospital for a little?".
    "Jesse is awake" I say in a sensitive voice. "Oh my god. That's great! Is he alright?".
    "Yeah. For the most part. He doesn't remember everything." I say starting to cry a little.
    "Oh sweetheart..." she says in a nurturing voice. "I'm sorry. I'll come and see him and you. He will remember you." She says trying to calm me and just be the nice and positive mother she is. "No Mom. He remembers me. Only me, he doesn't remember his mom or his home." I say crying more. I am a pretty sensitive person when it comes to people I care about. I feel like a horrible person because I was the reason he and Trae were in the car, and I'm the one he remembers. "I see. You have to be there for him and the people close to him. He trust you, so just help him trust the people that he doesn't remember. I'll be there in like 20 minutes, Okay" she tells me. "Okay, love you" I hang up then take a deep breath. I walk back in and wipe my eyes then walk back into the room. Jesse is talking to his mom so sit on the couch in the room. It's was pulled into a bed because that's where Jesse's Mom was sleeping. I lay done and cuddle a pillow.
    The 30 minutes pass and my mom shows up. She walks into the room and sits next to me. Jesse and his mom are still talking. She is showing Jesse photos of trips and birthdays that they spent together. My mom wraps he arms around me and give me a hug. "I love you." She says then fixing the collar on my shirt. I don't say anything in return. I love her and I'm not mad or anything. Just really tired and don't feel like talking. I have to though "his doctor is recommending for him to stay at our house for awhile. So he feels more safe and comfortable." I say looking at my legs. "Of course. He is always welcome, he can stay as long as he wants. His mother is welcome anytime as well." She says shaking me, most likely trying to lighten my mood. "Are you staying here again or are you coming home tonight?" She asks. I look at her and smile slightly. "I'm going to stay. They are releasing him tomorrow, they just have to make sure that he is okay through the night and that is ready to leave the care of the hospital" I lay my head on her shoulder and close my eyes.
    She gets off the couch and lays my head on the pillow. "I'm going to talk to the doctor then head home. I have to make dinner and I will be back in the morning to bring you clean clothes." She kisses me on the forehead and then leaves the room. "Alex.." I hear Jesse call. I open my eyes and see him scooted over on his bed and motioning for me to lay with him. I get up and lay on the bed. I lay my head on his chest and soon fall asleep.