Levels -/- Chapter 4 (Cali)

I avoid the fact that he kissed me and am still a little terrified. I sit on my bed and stare at the ceiling. Chase walks into my room, "why are you smiling" he asks. I didn't even know I was smiling but I guess I was.

"What happened at this dinner" chase asks trying to be funny. "Nothing happened" I say loudly laughing slightly.

"Even if something did happen, I wouldn't tell you" I say still staring at the ceiling.

"So something did happen" Chase says, starting to get annoying. He sits on the bed next to me. "Come on just tell me little brother. It's okay if your gay" now he is just giving me shit. "I'm not gay. But I think he is" I say with an attitude towards Chase.

"What do you mean" he asks with a puzzled look on his face. I role my eyes "he kissed me when he dropped me off" I tell him. Chase jumps up "I knew it" he says loudly. "I didn't kiss him back. It's messed up" I say to him, "I'm not looking for a girlfriend, and definitely not a boyfriend" I say.

"Jeez, I didn't know you were so against gay people" Chase says. "That's not what I mean by it, he just shouldn't have kissed me" I tell him quietening down, "now get out".

Chase leaves my room and I lay down on my bed soon falling asleep. I find myself in dream that is about the dinner I was at, but this time it is what happened if he didn't take me home. And you don't want to know what happened.

I wake up quickly once something...... starts to happen. I get out of my bed and go downstairs to get a glass of water and my moms in the living room.

"Hey Alex, what are you doing up this late?" She ask, she sounds like such an original Mom. And she can be sometimes, but she is amazing.

"Just had a disturbing dream, I came to get some water" I say getting a cup from the Cupboard. "Do you want to share" my mom says really interested in what happened in my dream.

"Mom" I say a little grossed out, "no I don't want to share". I laugh and so does she. I walk back up to my room, "that dream didn't mean anything" I tell myself. Soon after I fall back asleep.

The next time I wake up it's morning and to my alarm; The worst way to wake up. I get up and get dressed then head downstairs for breakfast, just like I do every day. Once we are at school I got to my locker and Trae, Jane, and Jesse are standing there waiting for me.

Part of me almost turned around and walked back to the car and went home, but I didn't. I walked over to my locker and Trae walks up and whispers in my ear, "he kissed you?" He asks. "How do you know!" I whisper back a little defensive. "Come on it's obvious he did. Just the way he acts around you. Plus he told me" he says, "did you kiss him back" he asks curiously.

"No! I can't believe you think I would" I say I'm a partial laugh. "Sorry" he says laughing too. I grab my books and we all walk to first period. I sorta avoid Jesse, I know it's not right and it shouldn't be awkward because I don't like him back, But all I can think about is about the dream I had. And it's not a great image.

When we get to class we sit in our normal places but this time Jesse sits in the desk next to me. Which makes it no easier to forget the dream.

"Sorry if I made you uncomfortable last night, I know I shouldn't have done that. I hope it doesn't ruin the friendship we may one day have" Jesse says leaning over closer to me.

Of course he uses those words, I'm a sucker when it comes to things like that. "It's fine, it won't ruin anything" I say quietly.

Trae and Jane are whispering about something. I wish that I was part of the conversation, but I think I was the topic. Considering they kept looking over at me then talking more.

Their conversation went on pretty much all class. It was nice to get out of there, But I have the next 3 periods with Jesse. Except in Second period me and Jesse didn't sit by each other.

I think it's just as awkward for him as it is for me, even though in second period we said that it wasn't. But Cali sat next to me, and she is like the prettiest girl in school. Well in my opinion anyway.

"Do you like what you see" Cali says smiling. "What?" I asked confused. "Your staring at me" she says still smiling. I blush, because I didn't know I was staring. But I'm apparently not aware of half the things I do.

"Oh..... Uh, I didn't know that I was staring" I say looking away and down at my desk, hiding my face. She Laughs quietly, "Well you must of had a reason" Cali states. Right then and there I wanted to say "well yeah you are the nicest and prettiest girl in the whole damn school, that's the reason", but I didn't.

"Yeah. I kinda like you" I say quietly hoping she doesn't hear me. But she did. There is nothing more embarrassing than asking telling a hot girl that you like her... in the middle of class. After a pause, "I kinda like you too" she says smiling and a little giggle.

I turn my head and look at her. How is she not blushing, its like she tells people that she likes them all the time. But I guess that she is pretty popular. "You do?" I asked confused if I heard her right.

"Yeah. Maybe we can even go get dinner or Ice Cream some time" She says putting her hand on mine. Now that i think about it it probably means that she just thinks i'm cute, she doesn't actually like me. Yet I still tell her "That would be fun". Then I look over to Jesse, he doesn't seem so pleased of Me and Cali flirting. He Looked a little upset, and when I looked over at him he looked away quickly.

And that made me feel a little bad. The bells rings and it seemed like class was extremely short. I get up and start to the door, when Cali stops me. "Can I see your phone?" she asks me holding out her hand. I get my phone from my pocket and give it to her. She types some stuff then gives it back to me. It was a new contact, and it was hers! "Text me, and we'll Figure out when we are going to go on our date" she say then walks away.

Jesse finds me and walks up next to me, "who's that" he asks nudging my shoulder like he is actually interested, "that's Cali. And she gave me her number. And we are going to go on a date!" I tell Jesse excitedly. "Oh, cool" he says in a strange tone. He walks out the door and into the bathroom seeming more upset.