Levels -/- Chapter 5 (A Chance)

When Jesse sorta storms into the bathroom, it makes me feel a little mean. I don't know why but he seems mad at me. So I decide to follow him into the bathroom and see him standing my the sink with his hands on the edge and his head down. "Are you okay" I ask Jesse making him flinch slightly.

"No, not really" he say to me sounding upset. "What's wrong?" I ask curiously. Jesse is new to the school so it must be hard. "Nothing" his voice cracks, "just leave it alone" he tells me turning his face away. I walk closer to him starting to feel worse and wanting to help. "Come on. Tell me" I say putting my hand on Jesse's shoulder. He looks at my hand on his shoulder, "are you avoiding me?" He asks standing up straight. And before I can say anything he cuts in "because I kissed you".

"No I'm not avoiding you. Sure it's a little awkward, but I wouldn't avoid you, not for something like that" I reassure Jesse moving my hand closer to his neck. "So it didn't mean anything to you" he says looking down. "I don't......" I say, but Jesse cuts me off. "Cause I meant that kiss. I like you" he tells, looking back at me.

I take a deep breath, "I'm sorry but I don't know if I like you like that" I tell him taking my hand off his shoulder. "Don't know?" He Jesse asks confused. "So there a possibility, or is that you letting me down easy?" He comments, which starts to make me think about how I actually feel. "I don't know, you have to give me time to think about it" i smile hoping that it answers his question.

Jesse sighs then leans in and kisses me again. But this time I don't stop him, he pulls away after a little "hopefully hat helps your decision" he say then walks out of the bathroom.

What!? Why didn't I pull away. I say to myself I guess I enjoyed it in a way. We go to our classes after that and soon school ends. When I'm at my locker I get my backpack and turn around and I see Jesse walking. So I walk over next to him, "do you want to come over. So we can talk?" I ask him hesitating a little.

"Yeah. I can come over" he says looking down at me, cause he is a little taller than me. I grin "Okay, cool" I say walking a little faster to get to the car before Chase does. And I do, and Jesse is right behind me.

Chase soon gets to the car, "chase, let me have the keys" I demand chase. "He throws me the keys and I surprisingly catch them.

"There's no way in hell your making me sit in the back seat" he says joking a little. "Jesse is sitting up front. It's just till home, you'll live" I say to him joking around. Chase roles his eyes then gets in the back seat. Jesse laughs and get in the front soon after I do. I turn on the car, "So are you two dating now" Chase comments. This makes Jesse blush and because of it he looks down at his hands and doesn't look back up.

I ignore Chase and the car ride home is a little awkward. But as soon as we get inside and up to my room, Chase is just like he always is. Well how I've seen him for the past 3 days we've been friends. "Does your brother know?" He asks me with a crack in his voice "that I like you...".

"Well he thinks we like each other, and that we're dating" I say smiling and slightly laughing. "Oh..." Jesse say sitting down on my bed. I sit down next to him "look, the reason I'm acting like I am about you liking me is because I've never kissed or even thought of a guy like I think of you" I say to Jesse, which makes him smile big. "And I've decided that.... I will give it a try with you" I look at him with a slight smile.

"Oooooooooh" Chase says really loud. "My brother is gay for Jesse!" He screams. Thank got my parents aren't home, or I would have killed him. "Chase! Why were you listening!" I yell back at him, but he doesn't say anything back.

I look over at Jesse and he is blushing hard. "Sorry, about Chase. He's an asshole" I say to Jesse. "Your gay for me?" He asks still blushing. "Well I mean your the first guy" I say "that I have feelings for".