Levels -/- Chapter 15 (Its over)

"Babe!...." Jesse yells while pouting. "Mason seems like a nice person. He invited us to lunch so we are going" I through Jesse's clothes to his chest. Jesse pouts. "Mason is not nice, he probably hates me and I don't really want to be around him either" Jesse says stripping out of his clothes from yesterday. "Have you ever heard the saying 'keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. Being nice to him will maybe lighten things up between you two" I smile at Jesse hoping i get my way.
"I'm not keeping anyone closer than I'm keeping you" Jesse walks over half naked. He wraps his arms around me, "Yes I know, and keep me close. Just come to lunch" I hug him back. "Agh. Fine" Jesse pulls away and puts his pants and shirt on. I smile big happy that he is coming.
Jesse is wearing white shorts and a a shirt that is reading pink with grey stripes across it. He gets his black vans and put them. Jesse walks into the bathroom and brushes his teeth.
I get dressed in black shorts and a shirt with the sleeves and collar ripped off. It came like that, and it's actually Jesse's. I just liked it so I took it. I get on my black vans and put on a flat brim hat. Yes, me and Jesse have the same shoes. Jesse got both me and him a pair. Buy one get in half off, and Jesse likes deals...
I walk downstairs and grab a water from the fridge. It is really bright down in the kitchen and it was really quiet. Until Chase came down. "Hey bro! How's life?" He pinches my arm. Ouch! It hurt but I didn't show any pain because I know chase would just do it again if I did. "Hey. Me and Jesse are leaving to go have lunch, so we will be gone for awhile" I say before taking a drink. Chase stands by the counter and leans against it. "Okay, I will be out with Makenna so I won't notice". Chase is still with Makenna. They are both smart asses and they have a LOT in common. Like m they should be arguing they have so much in common. But they don't.
Jesse walks down. He comes down the stairs all bouncy, which means he is in a good mood. "Hey chase!" He says walking over to him first bumping him. "Hey Jesse. Treat my sexy brother good" chase smiles deviously. "Always" Jesse says laughing then looks at me. It took me a minute to realize what Chase just said. Chase was getting close to the door and was grabbing his keys. "Wait chase. Did you just call me sexy?" I ask confused and a little weirded out. Chase opens the door, "just take the compliment." He laughs leaving the house. "we better get going if you want to make it to the lunch with Mason" Jesse says grabbing the keys to my car. I told Jesse that he could us my car any time that he wanted or needed too. I don't really mind, his car is trash and its too expensive to buy another.

...

We get to the bistro that we are going to eat at and walk in. I look around and Mason is already seated at the table across the room. I hold Jesse's had and we walk over to where Mason is sitting. "Hey Jesse. Alex" Mason nods at me. "Hi" Jesse says with a bit of attitude. "So I just ordered us some beers. I hope that's okay" Mason says looking strait into Jesse's eyes. At that moment i started to regret this Lunch. It was super obvious that Mason still loves Jesse. Jesse could care less, but it still made me uncomfortable. "Um. How did you get beers?" I ask Mason then looking toward Jesse. "Don't worry, we won't get caught" Mason grins but once again looking into Jesse's eyes. Jesse had an angry, annoyed look in his eyes. While Mason had a loving look in his.
       "How long have you two been together?" Mason asks looking at me. I look down at my lap, and clear my throat. "We have been together for almost 5 months" I tell him then laying my hand on Jesse's. Laying it on the table for Mason to see. "Yeah and if you have a problem with that then leave. I love Alex, Mason. Not you, so stop looking at me like that and stop giving Alex dirty looks" Jesse glares at him
        "Damn Jesse. I find it unbelievable that you got over me that quickly. You get over me so quickly, breaking my heart. It took me so long to finally get over you. Now here we are catching up, and you rub your sexy and loving boyfriend in my face" Mason sits forward in his seat. We are not even 10 minutes into the lunch, and they are already arguing. "Your still not over me Mason! It's as clear as day" Jesse gets in Masons face. "I guess I'll just have to let Alex know why you really broke up with me. And why you are together with him" he grins at Jesse threatening him.
       I widen my eyes and look at Jesse. "What's he talking about?" I ask Jesse wanting to hear what he has to say before Mason says more shit. Jesse doesn't say anything and just stares at Mason angrily.
       "You boyfriend here, broke up with me because he got bored. I didn't want to have sex and didn't want to go to clubs and all that stupid crap." Mason says. "That's all bull sh...." Hesse starts to say as I cut him off "no I want to hear what's he's going to say. Jesse crosses his arm arm and sits back in his seat waiting to hear Masons story. Mason smiles and looks back at me.
         "Honey you deserve better. This crap that he's pulling, about how he can't remember his mom. It's all fake, he hates him Mom. And he hates his dad too. Let me tell you this, once he gets bored he will dump your sweet ass. Knowing Jesse, you have probably already had sex, and he probably destroyed you. And the best thing is, you don't strike me as the gay type. You don't act like it, and don't look it either. If I were you, I'd leave now, before you get stabbed in the back by this fool." Mason says very serious. He made it sound so true. What if it was?
       I look at Jesse then quickly get up looking away from him. I walk out of the Bistro quickly and don't stop walking till I get to the alley way a few buildings down. I sit down pushed against the cold brick wall and just sit there with my knees to my chest.
        Jesse turns the corner of the alley way and walks to me. "Alex, Don't listen to him, he's an idiot." Jesse says grabbing my arms and making me stand up. I look into his eyes and a tear drops from my eye. "Jesse, I'm going to sound very cheesy, but I love you. I trusted you and I let you have my heart. I have you all of me, and I don't know if you did the same." A few more years fall from my eyes. Jesse look really scared and sad when he sees me tear up. "Alex, I love you too. You know that. Why would you think you don't have all of me?" Jesse says in a comforting tone of voice. It was hard not to just let it go after that, but I didn't. "Do you remember who your mom is?" I ask a little meaner. I just wanted the truth for once. "No, I told you that" he says trying to hug me. I back away from him, I didn't want a hug. "No jesse, tell me the truth. I want the truth and I want you to come completely clean." I yell little. Jesse looks to the ground. His voice crack like he is going to start crying, but he didn't. "Okay" he says looking into my eyes. "I'll start with Mason. Me and mason were really close. We would go drinking and we would miss behave a lot. I did tell the truth about why I broke up with Mason. He was too much. He was the one that was all about sex and the partying. You know I didn't punch you to do anything, I was gentle as respectful of you. I would never hurt you on purpose, ever. But when I broke up with Mason, he didn't take it well. It seemed to break him, but I didn't want to give in to his petty. I moved here because I needed to get away from the drama at my school. I wanted to go somewhere that know one knew me and I didn't have to be in the drama of having a boyfriend. Then I met you. And I'm going to be really cheesy too. When I first talked to you I knew that I loved you. Not because of your looks, because of the way it felt to be around you. When I kissed you it was different. It was real, I wanted that kiss and I loved every second of it. When it scared you off, I thought it was done. But you gave me a chance. Now look at where we are. We love each other Alex. I don't want anything more." Jesse says grabbing my hands. Tears kept dropping form my eyes. I love Jesse so much. "You didn't ask the question I asked" I look down at his hands holding mine. I didn't want to be so up tight about it, but I had to. Jesse starts to cry "Alex, you broke my heart. You think I'm just going to randomly bring that up. I don't want to relive that. Any of it. Last Tuesday I remembered almost everything when we were in bed. It was mostly in a dream, but I knew what it was. I remember everything. I remember the pain, both mental and physical. The car crash hurt a lot. I remember being in the hospital bed, not able to move, to talk, to open my eyes. Alex, I could hear everything. I could hear you sleeping next to me, I could feel you holding my hand. I could hear you saying that it was okay and that you weren't leaving till I woke up. That you would be by my side when I did wake. I could hear what the doctors were saying. And yes, Mason is right. My dad isn't dead, he is alive. He was a jerk and abused both me and my mom. My mom didn't tell And it hurt both me and her. I started to hate her too. So when I was in the coma, I could feel the memories that I didn't want, fade away. The one thing that I held onto was you, that's why I didn't let go, because you were by my side." Jesse says while partially crying.
        "Jesse... I don't know what to say. I love you a lot. But I wanted to know when you remembered, I wanted to talk about it with you, hoping to explain and get past it together. There is so much you haven't told me, both good and bad stuff." I tell him looking into his teary eyes.
       "Maybe we should take a break. Give each other some space. It will give me time to fully remember the life I didn't want to. And give you some time to think about you and me." Jesse says taking his hands from mine and starting to back away. "Jesse no. I sit. Need space, I need you. Please Jesse just come home with me and we can lay in bed" I beg.
       We are both crying and we are both confused and upset.  Jesse shakes his head while backing away about to turn around.
          "I love you Alex"