09

Updated 19/02/20

THE FOLLOWING DAY, Bella clearly wanted to raise chaos. Her car horn tooted from outside Gracie's house, to which she gave her a questioning look out from the patio. Bella motioned for her best friend to hurry up, so she grabbed the nearest oversized jacket in case of Fork's classic bipolar weather conditions. As she got into Bella's truck, she didn't even get an explanation straight away but sped out of Gracie's driveway as fast as she could.  

"We have to go to Jacobs!" Bella said quickly. 

Gracie shook her head and began to whine until Bella interrupted her. "No, Bella. Last time we went to Jacobs..."

"This is different! He visited me last night, and I have this weird feeling about something to do with him, I can't exactly explain. It's about this Quileute Legend." 

Gracie flicked her eyes, thinking this girl has finally snapped. That was until she parked the car and sprinted toward the front door. Gracie trailed slowly behind, not really wanting to see Jacob or any of his 'new' friends in that cult of Sam's. She was still so angry about the whole ditching thing. 

"Hello, Bella. Gracie." Billy welcomed us, Gracie smiled but Bella was still on a roll.

"I need to see Jacob." Bella continued like it was the only thing she could say.

She didn't even care that Billy said he wasn't in. Gracie tried to pull her away but she pushed passed him and into their house. Gracie's mouth stayed open as she apologised to Billy. Bella swung open Jacob's bedroom door and stood in the frame, staring. She couldn't see what Bella was looking at, was he there or wasn't he? The same group of shirtless boys from before whooped and called out to Jacob's house. Gracie took a step back as Bella pushed passed her as toward them.

"Bella! Stop, Bella!" Gracie called, running after her.

"What did you do!" Bella yelled, pushing Sam harshly. Gracie didn't dare look at any of the boys, keeping her focus on Sam and Bella. "He didn't want this!"

"What did we do? What did he tell you?" Paul asked, shaking with his anger.

"Both of you calm down." Sam said, pulling Paul back a little.

Bella continued to argue, "Nothing. He tells me nothing because he's scared of you!"

Paul laughed in her face, making her even more mad. So Bella did the one thing she would definitely not have done. Slapped Paul's face. Gracie stood in front of her, in between them hoping to stop the fight. Paul shook violently, his anger bursting.

"Too late now." Jared spoke whilst Sam yelled for both of the girls to get back.

Gracie didn't move, she was watching in horror. She was less than a metre away from Paul. Bella took steps back, but Gracie was frozen. He growled and just as his body folded, an arm yanked her back. Paul had transferred into a wolf. Jake called out running out from his house towards Bella and he too transformed into a wolf. Both Jacob and Paul fought furiously, though Sam didn't do a thing to stop them. The arm let go of Gracie's body and she turned her head to see who it was. 

As her eyes focused on his coffee brown eyes she instantly knew it was Embry. She wanted to look away but something was making sure they couldn't. She began to see him differently, beautifully and exquisitely. The pair didn't exchange any words except stare at each other and she didn't care. Why was this happening? All her anger towards him had gone away in an instance. Filling her eyes were visions, their future. It was like a dream, blurry and surreal but it was definitely images of Embry and Gracie. The first vision was of her reflection. Her smile reflected from an eye, clearly an eye of a wolf. His fur was a dark grey except that of his face which was silver. The second vision showed her lying beside him, her head resting on his chest. Even though it was plainly a vision, she felt the way his heart beat and could feel the softness of his skin as his hand intertwined with her own. The third vision changed the sweetness of this fantasy. Gracie was laying on the ground, the Cullen's surrounding her. Bella was rambling, maybe pleading something to Carlisle who held her wrist. She was crying, or crying out in pain, she wasn't quite sure. She had blood over her body and before she could piece together what was going on, the vision moved to Embry's face, where he stood half in shock and half with anger.

"How did you manage to claim her?" Jared laughed, which made Gracie blink and look away. Her cheeks reddened as she could feel him still staring at her. She pushed Embry away off her and walked over to Bella who picked herself up off the floor. 

"Bella, take me home now!" Gracie demanded, softly whilst she could sense Embry and Jared walking up behind them. 

"Gracie!" A voice called out, Gracie turned looking to Embry. 

Jared looked to him, worryingly. Sam also stood strong behind him waiting for the blonde girl's response. She turned away, a tear going down her cheek and locked herself in Bella's truck. It was all way too much for Gracie. Between Jacob, Laurent, Bella and now Sam's Cult. Seeing this weird vision thing between Embry and herself as well as her anger towards them all had just piled and piled till now. It all caved into one and she couldn't take it. 

"What did I do?" Embry asked Bella, sadly looking over at Gracie where she sat in Bella's truck. 

"You told her you wanted to be friends and then for months on end you disappeared with zero contact and now you expect her to welcome you with open arms?" Bella spoke, "but I guarantee you she'll come around." 

Bella headed toward the truck where she sat inside, pulling away slowly. Gracie didn't look at Embry, not wanting to see his disappointed face as she left this time. 

"Embry wanted to talk," Bella spoke softly on their drive home. 

Gracie sighed heavily, "I wanted to, really. I mean I like him, I really do but this is all too much to process. You were angry about Edward and Jacob leaving, well this is me being angry about Embry leaving me earlier, or has he forgotten that?"

"I understand, you know I do, but for how long, though?" Bella asked, looking over to her best friend. 

She didn't turn to look at Bella, instead focusing on the road ahead to hide her sad eyes. "You know me. It won't last long." 

2017© ; misstonii