32

"GRACIE, YOU HAVE TO TRUST ME. I told them what I wanted them to hear." Jacob pleaded for his best friend to hear him out, following Gracie back inside the Cullen's house.

Gracie turned sharply to him, harshly removing her arm from his grip. "I'm worn out Jacob! The battle in my head is far worse that what you're facing. If you end up killing Bella's child, you'll lose me too."

With that she walked back into the room where Bella was, planting a fake smile on her face like nothing had ever happened. She felt Jacob walk into the room too, but she never looked in her direction. Gracie thought of the Seth and Leah outside, masking any possible thoughts in her mind that Edward would be able to read. She didn't want to create a fuss in front of Bella, she just wanted everything to be okay.

"Hey. Are you both okay?" Bella asked, looking over to Gracie and Jacob.

Jacob looked in Gracie's direction but all she did was smile at Bella and look away waiting for Jacob to say something.

"Yeah, it's not like I'm the one carrying a demon."

Rosalie smiled, "Why don't you tell Jacob what you've decided?"

"What, now?" Jacob asked, looking a little worried.

Gracie flicked her eyes at Jacob, wandering closer to Edward who wasn't too far from his wife.

"Rose is trying to talk Bella out of her baby names," Edward said to Gracie, but loud enough for Jacob to hear too.

"She hates them." Bella said plainly, a fragile smile beaming off her thin face.

Bella's health was truly deteriorating. Any idiot could spot it, and with everything Paul said and then Jacob, all Gracie felt inside was pure rage.

"Well, then I'm on your side no matter what you picked." Jacob said cheerfully at Bella, earning a small scoff from Gracie.

Edward looked down at Gracie. He definitely could tell something was bothering her, but she continued to make sure to block any thoughts that could be read.

"They're not that bad. If it's a boy, EJ. Edward Jacob." Bella began, waiting for her best friend's to reply.

"Oh, how cute. You included Jake's name too!" Gracie sarcastically said, looking straight at Jacob.

He flicked his eyes at her in return, brushing it off so no one would notice her sarcasm.

"Okay, fine, that one's not awful. Why don't you tell him the girl's name?" Rosalie spoke to her newest friend beside her.

Bella smiled, barely. "I was playing around with our mums' names. Renee and Esme. And I was thinking...Renesmee."

All Gracie did was nod at first.

"Renesmee...?" Jacob stated, struggling to pronounce the name.

"It's certainly unique..." Gracie chipped in.

Bella slanted her mouth a little, unsure of the reactions she was receiving. "Too weird?"

"Umm..." Jacob began, raising his eyebrows as he tried to put some words together.

Thankfully, to both Gracie and Jacob's rescue, Edward read the werewolf's mind. "No, that's not too weird. It's beautiful. And it's unique, which certainly fits the situation. I like Renesmee."

Bella managed to beam a smile through her dull face. "He likes it."

But just as everything seemed to go well for Bella, her health took a turn. She raised her hand to take the drink of blood only to clumsily push it forward, her back then breaking followed by her knees finding the ground. All within a split second, Edward went to shield her head from hitting the floor, everybody else dropping to her aid.