41

T H R E E   M O N T H S    L A T E R

AS YET ANOTHER SEASON PASSED BY, the days were nearing the wedding that Emily had been planning so delicately. The invitations had been sent, the setting had been plotted and now more than ever - the morning of the wedding - no one felt more nervous about the coming day than Embry and Gracie themselves. There was no new drama in Forks, during the last few months - they truly had seen tranquility at last. Embry finally introduced his mother to Gracie, who had now become a second mother to Gracie herself. Life seemed to finally fall into place. Truth be known, no matter how positive everybody seemed about nothing to ever bother them again, Gracie would forever be on guard.

A flowing white, satin train extended from Gracie's dress, a simplistic yet elegant look. There she stood, examining herself in the mirror of Tiffany Call's bedroom. She knew she was working herself up over nothing, it was merely just the many faces turning their attention to her. She didn't really like being the focus of attention, she'd always avoided it, run from it, but this was an event she'd visioned since she was a child. Obviously she'd visioned it a very different way - more humane circumstances, her father walking her down the aisle, the ability to spot he mother and her brother in the front row of the setting. None of that mattered anymore, Gracie Biers was getting married to somebody who loved her as much as she loved him.

A knock at the door interrupted the nervous girl's thoughts.

"Are you ready?" Sam asked, standing in the doorway.

Gracie nodded, her eyes glistening with sweetness. She held her small hand out for the alpha to take, wrapping it around his arm as the two prepared themselves for the aisle.

Embry, on the other hand, was feeling warmer and warmer in his suit. His pack mates were behind him, Quil as his best man. He looked anxiously around the field behind his house where the wedding was held. Emily had decorated the trees with fairy lights and bronze ribbons and Bella helped with sharing some furniture and decorations from her own wedding. Though it was simple, the setting was magical.

Edward began to play a soft melody on the piano, signalling the audience to rise onto their feet.

First to enter was a slightly older Renesmee holding a small woven basket of multi-coloured rose petals, a handful dropped onto the white, silk runway with every second step. A couple beats behind her were Gracie's bridesmaids all wearing long dresses of a honeyed yellow colour, to which Bella hated every second in it. Bella was the third and final bridesmaid to enter behind Emily and Leah, each with their own bouquet of white roses with a bronze ribbon wrapped around. Once they reached the end of their walk, stepping up on the opposite side of the boy's in their swift suits, everybody eagerly waited for the bride. Especially Embry.

A different song now played on the piano, a slower paced tune and finally, Sam and Gracie were in view.

"Your parents would be so proud of you," Sam whispered to Gracie, "but you know who would be most proud? Riley."

Gracie gave the man who was honoured to walk her down the aisle in place of her father a small, grateful smile. "Thank you Sam, for absolutely everything."

Embry's eyes were fixed on Gracie's as she paced her way down the aisle. His gasp turned into a wide smile and immediately he stopped fidgeting. Everything and everyone seemed still and peaceful as his wife-to-be graciously neared him. 

Sam stopped just in front of the alter, giving his pack member a nod before handing him the love of his life. Whilst time felt like it had stopped to both Embry and Gracie throughout the reading of vows, around them silent chaos. There was Jared and Quil trying to hide their laughter regarding how red Embry's face was, Emily ducking and diving every two seconds to take the perfect wedding photos, Leah and Seth silently arguing at what future baby names they could possibly come up with for their best friends and Tiffany Call gently patting her wet cheek with a soft tissue every two seconds, proud at her son who she felt like she knew so little about. Embry's mother was proud to see his son marry, she was proud to see him turn into anyone but his biological father. 

"I love you, Graciela Call." Embry gently spoke to his new wife before planting his most passionate kiss on her lips. 

Jared was the first to stand up and cheer earning a following eruption of applause from the audience. The pack members, the Cullen's and even some of the humans from Forks High School, not to mention Charlie Swan all had pure happiness on their faces - the beautiful kind  weddings tend to do, but no one had more content in their hearts than that of Embry Call and Gracie Biers, a strong love story between the two who were now finally able to close a chapter of their tragic lives, with a milestone of love and happiness. 

-

I cannot express enough how thankful I am to everyone who has voted and commented such lovely things on my book. To have over 30,000 reads and nearly 900 votes is such a weird concept to me I am still in shock! 

2017 ©misstonii