20

UNUSUAL BECAME THE NEW USUAL. Embry had snuck out the window again early morning with the help of Gracie because Gracie's parent's had returned home.

Mr and Mrs Biers were chatting away in the kitchen's front room whilst Gracie was picking up the bowls of popcorn kernels from the living room coffee table. Suddenly, the front door burst open. There were screams of agonising pain erupting from the kitchen. Gracie ran towards the yells...they belonged to her parents. Blood was splattered everywhere and both her parents lay dead on the ground. There stood Victoria. She flashed her bloodstained teeth at Gracie who was now backing up finding her way to run towards the backdoor.

"Stop looking for Riley, he's dead." She snarled, heading towards Gracie who was backing up quicker than before.

"Only because you turned him!" Gracie shouted back, her back hitting the backdoor.

Victoria stopped in her tracks. "A human aware of our existence? Oh no, the Volturi won't like that. Don't worry, I'll kill you nice and quickly just so you can avoid Jane's hypnosis of excruciating pain."

The Volturi? Gracie wondered in the split second she had to think. Then she realised what the cold blooded woman said. Gracie turned, trying to unlock the backdoor but Victoria grabbed a hold of her and threw her to the other side of the hallway, hitting a wall hard. Gracie stirred a little, trying to get up as she noticed the woman heading straight towards her fast. She grabbed the girl by the back of her neck, yanking her up as she brought her teeth towards her neck.

Gracie accepted she was going to die. The worst part was, she heard a couple wolves howling from the other side of the river. She knew they'd never be able to cross onto the Cullen's land. She accepted she would go by the same person that turned her brother.

A black mist arose behind Gracie, emitting around Victoria who stumbled back, beginning to choke as she threw her hands to find the walls beside her and snarled baring her teeth. There stood a teenage boy wearing a black and red robe. He had a vivid amulet around his neck and his eyes were blood red. Gracie knew he must've been a vampire.

The black mist faded and Victoria had vanished, clearly through the back door of Gracie's house. The young girl stood up quickly, backing away from the boy. He walked quickly towards her then stopped. He just stared at her, for a long time.

"I'm Alec, a member of the Volturi." The boy spoke to Gracie.

Gracie didn't say anything.

"I was ordered to follow Victoria, but I have seemingly come across you."

"She turned my brother." Gracie said at last.

Alec took a moment before answering. "So you must be Gracie Biers as I've heard from Aro."

The girl didn't say anything.

"Your brother has been causing a lot of trouble in the streets of Seattle."

"Why can't you stop him?" Gracie asked, still pressed against the wall. "Stop her?"

"I can't interfere unless ordered to." Alec explained.

Gracie furrowed her eyebrows. "But you interfered with Victoria."

Alec shook his head. "Well she's not of the Volturi Clan, but besides I don't want you dead."

"Why?" Gracie wanted to cry so much.

"I'll tell you when I think the timing is right but for now, don't be around for the battle with the newborns." Alec finally said before nodding before the girl and vamp speeding out the door.

Not a moment later but Edward came rushing in. Gracie had slid her back down the wall, tears gushing out of her eyes. Her parents had been murdered before her eyes. Edward kneeled down in front of her, his hand on her shoulder.

"Victoria." Gracie only managed to say that one word.

Edward's eyes went wide looking back behind him where Gracie's parents lifelessly lay on the kitchen floor.

Carlisle came in a couple minutes later. He didn't say anything but began cleaning away the blood and asked Emmett behind him to take the bodies out. Luckily, where Gracie lived, there was no houses exactly opposite her own or directly on either side. There was more space, more trees to cover everything up, which is why Gracie's home was such a major target for a helpless human.

"Take me to Embry." She softly begged Carlisle, and with that he nodded.

2017 ©misstonii