36

SEPTEMBER SOON ROLLED INTO OCTOBER and finally over to Gracie's birth month - November. Two month's she'd spent at Emily's House with Embry. Two months she spent away from the Cullen's and for those two months she'd never felt more calm and happy in her life. It seemed that things were finally over and settled, that nothing would upset the future...and Gracie lingered on every wonderful day with peace. 

She spread herself across her bed, her head resting on Embry's chest as her heart matched his beating rhythm. A small T.V sat at the end of her and Leah's bedroom, though Leah refused to return. On the T.V. was romantic movie, one that Embry liked though wouldn't actually admit it. His hand massaged her head, playing with the strands of her hair which almost made the girl fall asleep during the film. Gracie smiled to herself, knowing full well that she'd never get tired of the constant hand holding, cuddling and playing with each other's hair. 

"Cake's ready!" Emily yelled from downstairs. 

Embry breathed out, hitting pause on the remote whilst Gracie unwillingly sat up, wiping her sleepy eyes. Embry's arm found her waist as the pair headed downstairs, earning a few smirks from Jared who always assumed they were making out or even more whenever they were together and alone. Instead, Embry was more the perfect gentleman. They were pacing their relationship. After all, they weren't just some typical high school relationship - they were always going to be some sort of uniqueness. 

All the members of the pack, even Leah and Seth stood around the small table which held a freshly baked cake with white icing on it, handmade by Emily. They began to sing the girl a happy birthday, followed by some even changing a few wrapped gifts which Gracie had not expected in the slightest. She was purely happy to be in their company, alive and well. She happily blew out all eighteen candles, followed by beginning to cut the cake. Embry stood behind her, his arm wrapped around her waist whilst on either side of her stood Seth compared to Jared. As Gracie neared the bottom of the cake, a hand slammed hers down to touch the bottom on the plate. 

She turned her head to see a laughing Jared who simply spat out, "You touched the bottom, got to kiss the nearest boy!"

Everybody laughed, even Paul. Gracie turned around planting a passionate kiss on Embry's lips and completely loving the fact that everybody was cheering it on. 

Pieces of the cake were handed out, everyone sitting with certain people as they enjoyed the food Emily prepared. Embry sat close beside Gracie by 'their' log just outside her and Leah's bedroom toward the side of the hut. 

If the boy wasn't peppering Gracie with kisses, or handing her bouquets of flowers he was sitting in silence, staring at her. 

"What's on your mind?" Gracie asked, finally noticing the gaze upon her as she uncomfortably ate her slices of cake.

"You." Embry said at first, putting his plate down beside his foot. "I didn't know love could ever feel this good." 

Gracie laughed a little, twirling her plastic spoon around a small bit of icing. "It's because I love you way too much!" 

"Not as much as I love you, birthday girl!" Embry exclaimed in a cute sing-song voice, pulling the girl into his chest, embracing her tightly.

"You're never going to let me out of your sight again, are you?" Gracie asked, taking another bite of her cake whilst leaning into the embrace.

Embry kissed the back of her head. "Never."

"Mr Whippy, how are you today?" An enthusiastic Quil came by the pair on the log. 

Embry let go of Gracie but not entirely, his hand still around the girl's shoulder's whilst she continued to finish her plate of dessert. 

"I'm always good when she's with me!" Embry said back, looking down at the plate he had just accidentally kicked in his small clumsiness. 

Quil raised his eyes and smiled, looking to Gracie. "You're not suffocating, are you?"

Gracie laughed with Quil, shaking her head. "I literally almost died from being away from him for too long. There's no such thing as suffocating, anymore."

"What about Jared suffocating Embry? Does that not exist either?" Quil continued to plant jokes around, Embry squirming in his seat a little. 

"Yeah, well he's just lost all his sense of humour." Embry shrugged back, laughing a little. 

Gracie put her plate down, "What's this?" 

"Oh right, the pack is teasing your boy about how much he cares about you, every single night we bunk together." Quil began, only to be cut off by Embry. 

"They're bullying me, Grace!" Embry pouted, almost losing himself as he stared at her light blue coloured eyes. 

All she did was smile at him because, quite frankly, this was just all too amusing for her to hear. 

"Is that why you're in my room every night now?" Gracie said, taking to opportunity to make her sarcastic comment whilst laughing. 

Quil burst out with fits of laughter, "Ooh, burn!" 

Embry shook his head, beginning to tickle Gracie. "That's it, you asked for it!" 

The pair began an intense tickle war between the two which soon ended up in play fighting. Quil was on the floor clenching his stomach from laughing, gasping for air. Embry's arm swung around her leg, lifting her upside down over his shoulder. 

"I win!" Embry announced walking over to Quil, still carrying Gracie over his back. 

After a small pause of everyone catching their breath from laughter, he gently placed her back down on her two feet, his hand pulling her into his side once again. Quil stood up, dusting down his pants whilst he continued to breathe out trying not to laugh again. 

"I guess you could say, you never have this much fun at the Cullen's, now do you?" Quil rhetorically said plainly. 

and he was right. Gracie knew where her true home was. She knew she would never go back to the Cullen's without the pack by her side. The wolves were her family. 

--

2017 ©misstonii