2.10

"I'm in love with Gracie too."

///

     "What the hell do you mean by that?" Embry snapped, taking a step toward the Volturi man.

Alec held his hands up. "I've loved her since I met in Volterra. I never told her and when I came back to see her again I knew she had been imprinted on, I could sense it. It hurt but not as badly as it did when I saw you both together, utterly in love and happy. The happiest I've ever seen her in her entire long life I've known her for. I only meant to save her from death, for you too."

Embry didn't say anything.

     "She's much safer to be a part of the wolf-pack family than to be back in Volterra with me, I know that." Alec continued.

Before anyone could say anything else, Edward turned to the left of Alec. "There's someone here, I can read their thoughts."

A young girl with burnt cinnamon hair and eyes with red bags under her eyes emerged from the trees as Quil who had still been in his shapeshifter form walked behind her. The girl who looked to be about fifteen turned to the pack, fear in her eyes.

     "Please. Don't hurt me!" She begged, her arms clothing around her body as she hugged herself.

     "No one's going to hurt you." Leah stepped forward out of the group of men, her hands held up in surrender.

Leah brought the girl into her arms, hugging her as the some of the pack came to see what was happening. 

     "What are you doing in the woods alone?" Leah asked, nicely.

The girl peered up at her. "I wasn't alone. I was with the Hunter's but I promise I didn't hurt anyone."

Seth stepped forward ready to ask her a question but as his eyes fixated on hers the world stopped for him. He and the rest of the group knew instantly what was happening. Seth had imprinted on the young female hunter.

The girl shuddered. "What was that?"

      "Love at first sight." Seth replied with a sweet smile.

A crack nearby diverted the niceties away to the forest edge and out emerged Carlisle with Jasper. Edward's eyes widened as he read their mind's, understanding what had happened in Ozette. Embry stepped forward, his eyes frantically searching for his wife, anything. 

      "Embry!" 

A voice like honey soothed the boy as Gracie ran forward out of the trees. He ran toward to her too, slowing slightly as she wasn't planning to. They collided into each other's embrace where he spun her ground, grateful that she was alive. He kissed her then put her back down to her feet where he kissed her brow, Once. Twice.

Emilio emerged out of the tree beside Emmett, looking around to see each member of the wolf-pack alive and well. He saw the happiness on his daughter's face as she reunited with her husband. The happiness of his son-in-law's face as the girl he loved so dearly had been given back to him, a feeling her understood deeply. Out of the house emerged Emily holding baby Riley. Emilio's grandson. He smiled, this was life not death. This had been more than he'd envisioned a happy life to have been with his daughter. Gracie who held her son in her arms and leaning into her husbands warm side peered to her father, giving a beaming smile that made him tear up in happiness.

     "What happened when I was gone?" Gracie asked Embry.

Embry, who had now returned to his usual calm self looked down at his wife. "Seth imprinted."

The pack headed back inside, whooping and cheering as the Cullen's joined them inside. Gracie, Embry, their son and Emilio walked in too, watching as Leah rubbed the girl's back leaving her and Seth to talk.

     "What's happening now?" Quil asked as Paul threw a piece of popcorn at Jared's back.

Jared, who was spying on Seth outside, reported back. "They're sitting on the ground talking, oh this is cute. KISS HER!!!"

     "Too soon, dude." Quil laughed as Leah pegged a bagel at Jared's back, hard which made a loud smack making everyone laugh.

Jared pulled himself away from the window. "Who threw that?"

Everybody continued to laugh as Jared tackled Quil.

      "It wasn't me!" Quil yelled and laughed as Jared hit his with a cushion over and over again.

-

Outside Seth sat beside the girl who he learned was named Summer. She looked down at the grass, picking at the strands, too shy to meet the boy's gaze.

     "You know, Summer is my favourite season." Seth spoke cheerily, making the girl laugh.

She looked up, finally meeting his eyes.  "What do I do now? The last hunter left me behind."

     "You can stay here, with us. If you want? We'll protect you." Seth sweetly smiled.

Summer searched his eyes. "If that isn't too much trouble, I think I'd like that."

-

Gracie stood up from the couch, placing her hand on Embry's shoulder as she walked to the bookshelf where her father stood.

     "I'm glad you came back." She chimed.

Emilio smiled and nodded. "I'm glad to see you alive and happy. Your mother and I never wanted neither you or your brother to be a part of this supernatural world. Unfortunately, things didn't go to plan and besides even if it had, I'm sure the Volturi would sought you out regardless. If you were going to be apart of this world, you chose the best place. The wolves and their constant happiness. Us vampire's would've been to gloomy for my little ray of sunshine."

Gracie giggled, hugging her father.

     "You'll stick around her, won't you?" She asked, her head resting into his hug.

                                  "Forever."

----

and there we have it ladies and gentleman, the finale of Midnight Sun! Let me know your favourite ships, characters from this book or the twilight saga in general. Let me know your universal favourite tv shows and movies. I'd love to see everyone's interests and maybe find a new show to binge....

love you all.

misstonii