34

GRACIE HAD BEEN QUIET for the last twenty minutes, Jacob standing beside her with his hand on her shoulder. She was glad Jacob had imprinted, but she had now idea how this would pan out over time. She didn't want to feel like there's no solution to every problem, she just wanted things back to normal. The only problem was that they weren't living in a normal world, they never will. The more she was away from Embry, the worse pain the girl became in. It was a new thing for her and she felt she had no one to talk to about it. So, she kept it to herself.

"She shouldn't be this still." Edward gently spoke, watching over Bella's body which had been cleaned up in the anticipation that his venom had worked.

"It's the morphine." Carlisle explained, continuing his explanation as his adoptive son was full of doubt. "Listen to her heart."

Jacob and Gracie glanced at one another before widening their eyes in focus towards their best friend. Bella's hair seemed to appear like it was beginning to become more thicker, more vivid in its brown colour. Her body appeared to fill out once again, her wounds healing. They both couldn't believe it. Once again there was hope.

A moment paused, everybody narrowing their eyes on Bella...waiting. There was a slight movement near her eyes but Gracie brushed it off. That was until everybody's hope's were fulfilled...Bella's eyes opened.

Her hand shot up as she eyed out her ring. Gracie wanted to run at her, flatten her best friend with hugs and kisses. She also wanted to cry with happiness. However, she couldn't. Carlisle advised her to stay beside Jacob, in case the scent of her blood caught Bella's attention.

Gracie's smile had never been so wide before, gleaming her happiness toward her living best friend. Bella smiled back, but kept her focus on Edward. With content, the girl left the room with the others leaving the pair to some privacy, as well as controlling her thirst for blood. She paused, leaning onto a table in one of the rooms. Her head panged with absolute tension, her eyes felt like they must've been red-raw whilst every muscle in her body felt like they were being ripped apart, inch by inch, one by one. Then, the pain stopped. She regathered herself, not knowing what was going on. Quite frankly, Gracie wasn't the only one to feel this way - Embry was dealing with it too, the exact same aches...the distance of the imprints were just too much for too long and now, because of the feud between the clans, they were paying for it.

'Everything is over, things will be normal again', Gracie thought over and over again skipping her way downstairs to join Leah and Seth outside.

"Now that this is over, what's gonna happen to us?" Leah asked, the three sitting on their claimed log.

Gracie sighed, "I never thought about it, really."

"Maybe Sam will let us come back." Seth piped up, fidgeting with the bottom of his shirt which had the tiniest hole in it.

"Oh...wonderful!" Leah sarcastically answered as she shook her head.

Gracie watched as Bella and Edward returned, hand in hand. "I just want to be with Embry again but in order for that to happen I'll have to also see Paul who literally hates me for than he hates you two."

"At least we're not vampires, that's what he hates. Us? We're more of his number one disliked people." Seth laughed a little to ease the worry in their little group.

Leah scoffed, "It's not like we don't hate him just as much back."

They laughed for a split second, interrupted by a yell and a thrown Jacob right behind them. They each stood up, turning to face Jacob who was calming himself down before standing up again.

"You imprinted on my daughter?" Bella yelled at him, her red eyes glistening.

"It wasn't my choice!" Jacob continued to explain but both Gracie and Edward knew how stubborn she was.

Bella walked closer to the boy, "She's a baby!"

"It's not like that. You think Edward would let me live if it was?" Jacob suggested, hoping something he'd say would be right enough to calm the angry, new vampire down.

"I'm still debating it." Edward said plainly, watching with a smile as his wife yelled at the werewolf.

Gracie looked to Leah and Seth. Seth was laughing a little but Leah looked furious.

"I've held her once! One time, Jacob! And already you think that you have some moronic wolfy claim on her? She's mine!" Bella shrieked, suddenly striking Jacob hard in the face, throwing him off onto the ground.

Leah ran a step and phased ready to pounce on Bella but was ordered to stand down by Jacob.

"You're gonna stay away from her." Bella continued.

Jacob's eyes widened, "you know I can't do that."

Gracie flicked her eyes and let her thoughts roam freely in her mind. 'oh, now it's not okay for imprints to be apart yet it was perfectly fine for myself and Embry to be on opposite battles and apart for weeks. Living with the constant sickness and pain of being apart with no choice other than to deal with it?' Now she didn't want to watch the rest. She had half-forgiven Jacob but she continued to have her wits about her. Gracie left the scene without anyone noticing, except Seth.

The girl had no idea he was following right behind her, more quiet than a predator trying to catch its prey. Seth even followed her over the treaty line without he even noticing. He was really starting to see why Embry hated her being alone in the forest. Where was her spatial awareness? To prove the point, he noticed something different about her, a change. Gracie's pains had come back and they seemed stronger than last time. Her head felt extremely heavy whilst her vision seemed to continuously blur in and out. Her nostrils streamed with blood, dripping all down her face and over her lips and t-shirt. Her muscles now felt like they were detaching itself from within. Her heart seemed to be struggling to even beat. Then, she let out a yelp. A yelp she could muster up by pushing away the slightest spec of pain in order to produce a call of help. And honestly, if Seth hadn't been following her - nobody would've heard it, at all.

"Gracie?" He asked, jogging up to the girl who was about five strides out after crossing the river distinguishing the treaty line.

"I need Em..." Gracie began, only to completely black out.

Seth held her head in his arms, his eyes widening with worry. He looked up and around. He didn't know what to do. He was closer to Sam's house than he was to the Cullen's house, and that's when he made a decision...

2017 ©misstonii