27

"GRACIE?" A familiar yet seemingly off voice arose over the phone line.

"Bella, is that you?" Gracie answered, "Is everything ok?"

The person on the other end of the line sighed before answering. "Yes, it's me. I need you to come over to the Cullen's right now. Could you also, maybe, not tell anyone I'm back just yet?"

With that, Gracie hung up her mobile phone and grabbed her coat on the way out toward the Cullen's without telling a soul, not even Embry.

As she parked her car in front of that magnificent mansion the Cullen's owned, she noticed that Edward was already at the front door waiting for her to come in. She was still getting use to the fact that they were vampires and that some of them had special qualities. She found Edward's talent most interesting, being able to read minds - sometimes Gracie wished she could too. Alice could see the future and to Gracie she felt that she would hate that. Jasper could control emotions which often made her consider if he'd ever changed her own emotion in the past. The talent that Gracie wished she had more than ever was Rosalie's - extreme beauty. She doubted her own beauty but the truth was, Rosalie was the beauty of the vampire world and Gracie was the beauty of the werewolf universe. Emmett was given extreme strength, which he often lapped up. Gracie also considered what Bella Swan would be when she did eventually become one of them. Unlike Jacob, Gracie had accepted what Bella wanted, because if Gracie was in her position - she too would want to be with him forever, rather than her own life and have Edward move on after her.

Snapping out of her thoughts, Gracie greeted Edward who held the front door open to her. She followed behind the gentleman upstairs to a small sitting room.

"Bella?" Gracie asked softly, seeing Alice and Rosalie crowded around someone.

The two female vampires moved away to give sight of Bella who sat on a small lounge, looking extremely ill.

"Gracie." Bella smiled, motioning for the girls to help her up.

Edward flicked his gaze rom Bella to Gracie, and though he already knew her thoughts he was still scared she'd be angry with him.

There stood Bella, fragile and ill but more importantly - she was pregnant.

"Bella, congratulations, seriously." Gracie exclaimed smiling wide whilst going to feel the massive bump of Bella's. "But how on Earth did you become so big, so quickly?"

Bella looked to Edward, who swallowed before answering. "Carlisle thinks it's half-human, half-vampire. There's not really any other explanation at the moment."

Gracie gave him a warm smile to calm down the male's nerves but it didn't help, she turned back to her best friend and gave her a hug.

"I need you to help Rosalie and Alice with me this week, I hope it doesn't put you out or anything?" Bella asked, being helped to sit back down.

"You're my best friend Bella, of course I'll help!"

Throughout the long week of Gracie's stay at the Cullen's, things seemed to get harder and harder. Bella seemed to become thinner and thinner and Edward seemed to look like he was in a constant state of shock twenty four seven. Gracie called Embry every day so they could talk and to let him know she'd be back the following week without exactly telling him where she was. Embry wasn't exactly fine with it at all, but to Gracie this was one week with her best friend who needed her - Embry was able to spend five weeks with his, away from Gracie.

"I'm going to tell Jacob." Bella sprung on everyone one early Tuesday morning.

Gracie flung her head around, not sure if it was a good idea and Edward seemed to feel the same way about Gracie's thoughts. But that didn't change a thing, the call was made and Gracie knew Jacob would be over in lightening speed.