3; la iglesia

Star.

"So you're just letting us go?"

After Scott was electrified and making him find out who took Derek, Araya and her hunters just let us leave. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

I was with Stiles and Malia by the jeep, waiting and eavesdropping.

"I sent four men to where Kate was rumored to have been seen. None of them came back." Araya said to him. "Let's see if you can do better."

"You could've just told me she was alive." Scott reasoned.

"You wouldn't have believe me. Now I know what kind of alpha you are, and where your next step lie."

"What next step?"

"When you take another bite of an innocent, when you make a wolf of your own, when you do that, then I will cross your boarder and come knocking at your door."

My eyes narrowed at Araya when she looked at me, making Scott look at me as well.

"Another thing, Scott. Star, your beta, what is she?"

They were still looking at me and Scott knows that I'm listening, pretty sure Araya knows too.

"She's a phoenix."

I stopped listening to their conversation when Stiles told me to get in. Once I was inside the jeep, Scott walked towards us.

"So what now?" Stiles asked.

"She thinks she knows where we can find Derek." Scott answered.

"She gonna tell us where?" Malia asked.

"Uh, actually she's giving us a guide." Scott pointed somewhere behind the jeep.

We all turned around to see a motorbike approaching us. When it stopped, I recognized who the girl was.

"You know her?" Stiles asked.

"Braeden." I said out loud.

"Who's Braeden?" Kira asked us.

Lydia answered her. "She's a mercenary,"

"Right now, I'm the only one who's gonna take you to La Iglesia." Braeden declared to all of us.

"The church?" Braeden nodded.

"What's the church?" Stiles asked Braeden.

"It's not a place you'll find God."

——

We were following Braeden and Stiles was the one who's driving, as always. I was squished to the back with Kira, Lydia, and Malia. Well, I was more likely squished to the floor of the jeep because I couldn't sit anywhere anymore and I didn't want to sit on anyone's lap.