13; the orphans

Star.

"Dunbar, if you don't tell me the truth, I'm gonna kick you so hard you won't be able to walk for days

"Dunbar, if you don't tell me the truth, I'm gonna kick you so hard you won't be able to walk for days."

I was worried sick about Liam since, you know, the lacrosse incident. He kept telling me that he was fine, that Scott made sure he was okay, but I just couldn't help it.

Liam chuckled at me, amused. "Star, seriously, for the tenth time, I'm alright."

I sighed, nodding. I guess I was just really concerned and worried about this guy, he's like a good friend to me. The game was cancelled and Brett was nowhere to be found, probably at the nurse's office or something.

"Well, you scared her and me. What happened out there?" Jade asked her brother, arms crossed across her chest.

"Brett ran into me, but I guess his plan backfired at him." Liam explained and I smirked.

He then turned to me. "Are you mad?"

I looked at Liam, he was giving me those puppy eyes and somehow, I felt this weird feeling on my chest. What the heck?

"A-At you? No, of course not." I breath out a chuckle.

This time, Jade was the one who smirked at the both of us. "I'mma leave you two alone... gotta find Mason. Okay bye!" She hurriedly said.

Amusingly, I smiled at Jade before turning my attention back to Liam. "But at Garrett and Violet? Yes."

What is happening to me?

Liam stepped closer to me, swinging his arm around my shoulders and pulling my body closer to his. The feeling in my chest grew stronger and it was bugging me. Is that my heart? Yeah, super cheesy.

I nervously chuckled. "W-What the heck is this for?"

"Nothing, I just feel like doing this."

I found myself smiling. But it faded when Liam removed his arm and I saw Stiles approaching us. I inaudibly groan, confused at why I was disappointed.

"Guys, Lydia just broke another third of the list."

"Am I on it?" Liam asked.

"No. But someone else is."

My eyebrows furrowed. "Who?"

——

Stiles and I ran inside the school, both of us tumbling and stumbling and bumping into each other.