19; the bonfire

Scott.

"Alright, now it's the start of season bonfire; it's a big deal for you guys

"Alright, now it's the start of season bonfire; it's a big deal for you guys. I also know that it gets out-of-hand sometimes. The alumni shows up, there's other teams, alcohol. Lots and lots of alcohol."

Everyone in the locker room started cheering— well, except for one.

Liam.

He was sitting in a corner, quietly.

"Alright. Shut up!" Coach exclaimed. "Now, what I don't understand is why anybody would ever want to get stumbling down drunk in front of a massive open fire. I'm also resigned to not being able to stop you guys,"

Everyone started cheering again, except Liam, again. "I also remind you, your team captain, McCall, will be there. And I can count on him to narc on any and every one of these little bastards."

"Get to class."

When I looked back at Liam, to ask him if he's alright, he wasn't there anymore.

——

I've been trying to find Liam for the past minutes and thankfully, I finally found him. He was sitting on the stairs, holding his lacrosse stick and looking like he's in a deep thought.

Maybe because he is.

Sitting down next to him, I tapped his shoulder.

"Hey, you okay?"

Liam didn't respond.

"Hey." I repeated, and he glanced at me.

"Last night, my printer went off by itself. I couldn't turn it off. I hit the cancel button, but it just kept printing."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Printing what?"

Liam fished through his pocket, grabbing something —which is a piece of paper— and I looked at it.

Before I could open it, I heard Coach's yell.

"What the hell is this?!"

Liam and I looked at each other, before running off to Coach's office. We saw Coach's printer repeatedly printing something. I crouched down and grabbed one of the papers.

It was a... dead pool list?

I opened the other paper that Liam gave me, seeing that it was another dead pool list. But when I compared the two, the dead pool list that was printed by Coach's printer was different.

"You see the difference?" Liam asked beside me.

"Derek's not on the list anymore." I breathe out.

"And I'm not worth 3 million. It's 18 now. 18 million."

I noticed something. It wasn't only Liam.

"And Star's not worth 9 million anymore." Liam and I looked at each other.