23; feelings

Chris Argent.

Pushing the animal clinic's door open made Deaton look up from his paper work

Pushing the animal clinic's door open made Deaton look up from his paper work. I let the door close behind me as I walk towards him.

"Argent, what made you come here?" Deaton asked me, a little suspicious.

"I need to talk to you," I trailed off. "About Star."

Deaton led me inside the room where we usually do our little meeting. I've been doing a few meeting with him, because it's mostly about Star. We both are keeping an eye on her.

"Okay, what happened now?"

I sighed, remembering what I saw. "The other day, when we were fighting the assassins, I saw her eyes. It's colored red. Just like blood."

This made Deaton's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "It's starting... it's coming back, Argent. That's not good."

"I know... what do we do to stop it?" I asked him.

"We can't." Deaton answered. "Just like before, it's unstoppable, but it's not undefeatable. Star is the only one who can defeat it."

I fiddled my thumbs, nervously. I've always seen Star as Allison and Kate. Just like Kate, she doesn't give up. And just like Allison, she loves her father. "Do you think she can?"

"I know she can. I know that she can defeat it."

——

Star.

"Is your shoulder okay?"

Liam had came over to my house so we could hang out. When he got here, he started bombarding we with questions, asking if I was okay, what else happened, and lecturing me that I shouldn't have come. I find it annoying and cute at the same time, knowing that he truly cares for me.

I rolled my eyes, dropping the scratch paper that I was using to do this math problem. "Liam, for the nth time, yes. My shoulder is fine, I'm a phoenix, I can heal."

Saying phoenix and not werephoenix sounded a little foreign to me. I mean, it's kind of the same but it's still foreign to me.

Also, I haven't told anyone about what happened at the fight. Well, I didn't told about the last part, where something took control over me. For a moment, all I could see was nothing but darkness. Something happened, I know it— I can feel it. Then later on, the first person I saw was Chris, he had this confused yet shocked look on his face, like he had seen something that he dreaded to see.

"...and you zoned out again."

Liam blew air to my ear, which tickled me and made me shot up, almost falling out of my bed. He grabbed me though, before I could fall to the floor.