14; you're okay

Third Person.

"Star... Star, wake up, please. I'm so scared."

Slowly, the blonde opened her eyes. Even with her blurry vision, she knew right away that Liam was the figure she was seeing. He was looking down at her, one arm holding her body up, one hand on his chest wound.

"L-Liam?" Star blurted out, closing her eyes tightly then opening them once again.

"Yeah, it's me." Liam breathe out, smiling a little at her. "C-Can you stand up?"

Star nodded, feeling her feet touch the ground. It was all fine, till she felt a burning sensation on her wrist. She groaned in pain, seeing her wrist turning red from the bracelet of some sort that Garrett placed on her wrist.

"What's happening to your wrist?" Liam asked, genuinely concerned.

Star bit her lip. "I-I don't know, Li. It hurts. It hurts so bad. W-What is this?"

Liam took her wrist, examining the bracelet. Then he tried taking it off, with all his force and strength.

"Star, help me with this." Liam stated, looking at the girl who was biting her lip so hard not to scream in pain. "Star, hey, look at me."

She did as he told so, then he placed a hand on her cheek. He saw the tears in her eyes, and he felt so bad for Star.

"We're gonna remove whatever this is, alright?" Liam said in determination, looking deeply at Star's eyes. "But I'm gonna need your help. Can you do that?"

Closing her eyes in pain, Star nodded her head. Liam was unsure of what to do, but one thing crossed his mind. Reluctantly, he removed his hand from Star's wrist, bringing it up to her other cheek, and slowly leaning forward. Star was surprised when she felt a pair of soft, warm lips touch her forehead.

"You're gonna be okay." Liam whispered to her.

Star opened her eyes, nodding as she looked at Liam's blue eyes. She had never seen it with so much passion and emotion, it was making it hard for her not to stare at his eyes.

With all Liam's strength, he flicked his wrist, showing his claws, and started removing the bracelet from Star's wrist. Liam felt Star's other hand pat hers, then slowly intertwining their fingers together.

And somehow, that gave him more motivation and broke Star's wrist free from the bracelet.

——

Scott, Mason, and Jade were outside Coach Finstock's office. Mason had told the two juniors that he, Liam, and Star went out on a run, then Liam took off and Star followed him. Then Mason couldn't find them anymore.

Coach sneezed. "Sorry guys, Liam and Star skipped my class. Maybe they're sick, like me."

Mason looked at Scott and Jade. "They didn't look sick on our run."