17; split second

Third Person.

Star, Liam, and Kira ran up to the roof

Star, Liam, and Kira ran up to the roof. There was no one there, it was quiet. Until one of the generators blew up, sparks flying out of it. The three backed up, not wanting to get electrified.

"Looks like someone did something to it." Liam stated, looking at the fried generator.

Heavy footsteps were heard behind them, Kira slowly turned around and her eyes widen when she saw a Berserker.

"I think somebody did." Kira said, raising her sword up.

Star and Liam turned around as well, eyes landing on the Berserker in front of them.

Meanwhile, Chris Argent had told Stiles to stay with Scott at the morgue, thinking that Kate was there in the hospital. Melissa was still with Noshiko, and Derek was at his loft with Braeden.

Braeden placed a gun on the table. "This is a Sig Sauer P226 9mm."

Derek looked at her. "I don't like guns."

"That's because you've never learned to use one." Braeden said.

"Or because I've been shot." Derek stated. "Repeatedly."

Braeden smirked at him. "You'll like this one."

——

Back at the roof of the hospital, Liam shifted into his werewolf form and growled at the Berserker, charging after him. The beta didn't had time to attack because he was thrown back by the strength of the Berserker, him hitting the cage that contains one of the generators and crashed to the ground.

Star rushed towards Liam, examining if he was alright while Kira started fighting the Berserker.

"Li, are you okay?" Star frantically asked.

Liam grunted, but nontheless, nodded. "I'm fine..."

Kira was thrown to the ground as well, blacking out. Star grunted, shifting. She ran towards the Berserker, roaring at it, and kicking its stomach. The Berserker only stumbled back a few times before it swung its arm at Star and hits her. The blonde winced, pain was felt on her jaw. Still, she didn't backed down.

Instead, she roared once again. But something felt different. Little did Star knew, the color striking orange— just like Kira's, flashed in her glowing eyes, replacing the striking yellow in a split second before it return to its usual color.

Without noticing, Star's hand were surrounded by fire, and she used her hands to push the Berserker back and the new strong force made the Berserker flying back until it hit a wall.

Shocked, Star looked down at her hands that has flames surrounding them. Liam and Kira looked at her with confusion and shock.

The Berserker was back on its feet. Liam and Kira were by Star's side.