15; liam and star day

Star.

Today, I get to rest quietly

Today, I get to rest quietly. Stiles and dad were worried sick of what had happened to me and Liam yesterday. Stiles told me that both Violet and Garrett were dead, apparently, Violet was killed by Kate and Garrett was killed by a Berserker. Stiles, Scott, Malia and Kira were taking their PSATs today, and dad still has to go to work, much to his dismay.

I lay on my bed, flat on my back, holding up a book called 13 Reasons Why and reading it. I don't feel like going outside for today, though I really wanna see Liam. Yesterday night, he called me, asking if I was okay and I asked him the same. I got to talk to Jade, her worrying about what happened to Liam and I.

I placed the book on my chest when my arms were getting tired of holding the book up. My eyes landed on the notebook, or maybe I should say my lyrics book. I grabbed it from my nightstand, sitting up and sighing. I'm still finding the right words for the first verse.

As I stare at the incomplete verse, one name of a singer crossed my mind. One of dad's favourite singer, Aretha Franklin.

That's it! Aretha.

"It's like Aretha singing backup. Come on, come on, come on, come on. You know the words, go write your song." I sang, smiling at the outcome, and writing it down.

It was perfect, it went well with my lyrics.

Someone knocked at my door and it opened, revealing Liam. A smile immediately made its way onto my lips, seeing the boy wearing a white v-neck, navy blue shorts, shoes and holding a bag of food.

"Liam? What are you doing here?" I asked him, still smiling.

Sheepishly, he made his way towards me. "Thought we could hang out since Scott and the rest are gone."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "You could hang out with Mason, or Jade."

"Are you pushing me away, Stilinski?"

Chuckling, I shook my head. "Nope, not at all. Show me what you got there, Dunbar."

Liam brought out container and I soon recognised that it was mashed potatoes. Mashed potatoes is one of my favourite food to eat, how did Liam knew?

"I— uh, asked Stiles what food you liked the most... so I came here after I brought you this." Liam said, handing me the container of mashed potatoes.

"Asked or begged?" I joked, slowly taking the container away from him.

"Maybe both?"

I laughed, shaking my head. Liam sat down next to me, holding a bowl of mushroom soup. We began eating our foods, me cherishing the taste.