4; miguel

Star.

It was raining outside

It was raining outside. All of us just got back from Mexico and we followed Stiles and Scott as they carry Derek — a younger Derek Hale into the animal clinic.

They placed Derek's body on a desk, and Deaton looked at him. "Wow."

"Wow? Wow as in "I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do" kind of wow?" Stiles asked. "Cause that's the kind of wow we were hoping for."

"I think you might be overestimating my abilities." Deaton shot back at him.

I furrowed my eyebrows and poked Derek's arm with my pointer finger, quickly retracting it because I thought he was awake. He's still unconscious. Deaton grabbed Derek's hand, checking his pulse.

"Do you think this is permanent?" Scott asked Deaton and I pursed my lips into a thin line.

Deaton grabbed a little light, checking Derek's eyes. "I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate. This is well beyond my experience."

"What does adequate mean again?" I asked out of nowhere but I just got ignored.

"So what do we do with him?" Stiles asked.

"Until he wakes up? Probably not much. It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here." Deaton said.

"You mean from Kate?"

"If she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past the gate."

"Why would she want to do this to him?" Lydia asked.

"Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her." Deaton mumbled.

I scoffed. "And bad for everyone else."

Deaton nodded. "You guys should probably go home. He doesn't look like to be in any danger. So maybe the rest of you should get some sleep." He said, looking at all of us. "It is a school night. And you all need to start taking care of your own lives again."

"Someone should stay with you." Scott stated.

"I'll stay. My grades are fine. Despite missing a few classes." Lydia volunteered and I nodded, going to volunteer as well when Stiles interrupted me.

"No, Star. You are not staying." He and I had a staring contest, everyone watching us. I groaned.

"Fine." I mumbled, pouting and shaking my head.

"I'm so not okay with this." I heard Stiles mumbled.

——

In the middle of my math class with Ms. Cruz, my phone went off. Everybody turned to look at me as I sheepishly turn it off.

"Better keep that thing silent, Ms. Stilinski, or you're not going to have that phone for a week." Ms. Cruz warned me and I sheepishly nodded.

Before Ms. Cruz could continue teaching the lesson again, my phone beeped lots of times. Ms. Cruz angrily looked at me as I try to turn it off. She was going to say something but the door opened, came stumbling in was Stiles and Scott.