22; nightfall

Star.

I put my phone back to my pocket after talking to Stiles

I put my phone back to my pocket after talking to Stiles. Before calling Stiles, I was talking to Lydia. I smiled a little at Lori. She's been so tensed ever since last night— I don't blame her. She and Brett almost got killed... man that's terrifying.

"Are we gonna have to fight tonight?" Lori asked from beside me.

I looked at her, then shrugging. "Most probably... but I'm hoping not."

Brett was right next to Lori, and he hasn't spoken a word. Until now. "Hey, Star?"

I looked at him and replied with a hum. "I haven't thanked you and that Asian girl yet, so... thank you."

I nodded my head, cracking a tiny smile at Brett. "You're welcome,"

Across me was Scott, and he gestured for me to come over. I excused myself from Lori and Brett, walking over to Scott.

"They'll be okay." Scott said as we walked towards Derek and the others.

Derek looked back at Satomi's pack, before looking back at Scott. "They've got claws and fangs, but they're not fighters."

"That's why I called you."

"Well, try to remember that I don't have claws and fangs anymore either."

Ever since the day that Derek went back to his older self, he told us that something weird has been happening to him. Like him not healing fast —unlike before— and not to mention the golden yellow eyes, that was used to be the cold, steel blue.

"That's why he called me." Braeden stated. This woman is literally my idol. So badass...

"Am I the only one hoping this is all just false alarm?" Kira asked us. "I mean, it's possible we could wait here all night and nothing happens. Right?"

Scott and Derek looked at each other, while I shrug. "I'd like to think it's possible, but it's most probably not a false alarm."

"You heard anything from Stiles or Lydia yet?" Braeden asked me. I shook my head no. "Lydia's still talking to Meredith. Stiles and Malia are headed to the lake house, they're trying to stop it."

"What if there is no stopping it?" Brett suddenly speaks up. "What if it doesn't end until we're all dead."

Somehow I don't believe that. I've made it this far, Scott has made it this far, Malia, Lydia, Kira, Stiles, Derek... the whole pack has made it this far. I know that death isn't an option for any of the pack. Not anymore.