12

"Do we have to go?" I whined. I was sitting on the sofa in front of the TV, drinking my hot chocolate and watching Love Actually. It was a few days away from Christmas. Looking out of our, now shared, apartment window I could see the tiny flakes of snow floating past. 

Emily was stood over me with her phone in her hand. Ethan had text her to let her know the boys and herself were throwing a Christmas party tonight, which he had invited her to. She was so excited and was begging me to come with her. However with what happened between Simon and I last time i was at The Sidemen house, i wasn't quite sure how i felt about going there tonight.

"Well i'm going, and i would really, really appreciate it if you came with me" She was batting her eyelashes at me, trying her best to persuade me. 

"Fine, i'll come with you" I only accepted because i was worried about Emily being at a party, with that type of people, by herself. I knew that Ethan really cared about her and would never let anything happen to her. But it was a party thrown by the biggest gang in Seattle. Emily squealed with excitement, as she ran back inside her bedroom to decide what she was going to wear.  

I lazily got up from the sofa and made my way to my bedroom. I untied my dressing gown and stood in front of my wardrobe in my black, matching bra and underwear. I had a range of different dresses, skirts, shoes, all for going out. But for some reason, i had the urge to impress tonight. So i decided to dress up a little more than i usually would. 

A dress from the corner of my wardrobe caught my eye. It was a short, red, satin dress that i had bought but when it got delivered it was more risky than i had wanted. But for tonight, it was perfect. I grabbed my red, open toed heels and laid the outfit on my bed for later. 

It was 5pm when i decided to start getting ready for tonight. I started by grabbing my curlers from underneath my bed and let them start to heat up. I didn't curl my hair too often because my hair is super long and it takes forever. I used my thin curling wand to create tight curls in my long blonde hair. I would brush them out later, but for now, i covered my hair in hair spray and moved on to my make up.

I concentrated on my make up more than i would usually. I applied my foundation slightly thicker, contoured heavier, i created a dark, smokey, auburn eye look with a thick, black eyeliner line. The fake eye lashes i had decided to apply were "scandalous", they were jet black and super long and thick. They looked amazing on my eyes. To finish off the look i applied a dark red lip.

I pulled on my dress, slipped on my heels and brushed my curls so they were floaty. I stood in front of the mirror and took my whole appearance in. It was unusual to see myself looking like this, it was not everyday that i went this full out. But i loved it, i looked like a whole new girl. A party girl. I walked out of my room to see if Emily was ready to go.

"Zoe what the fuck?" Emily was stood in the hallway near her bedroom, just staring at me.

"Do you not like it?" Suddenly i felt insecure, maybe this look was not the best for me after all.

"I love it! You look fucking insane" Insecurities dismissed. I liked this reaction, this is not the reaction i normally get when we go out.

"You look amazing too! Ethan is going to love that on you" I winked. Emily was wearing a dark emerald sequin dress, also something she would not normally wear. Her hair was pulled back into a sleek black ponytail. She looked gorgeous.

"Are you ready to go?" Emily had called an Uber and had received the message to say he had arrived. She had decided not to drive, which was probably a good idea. We both drink more alcohol than we usually would when we find ourselves in awkward situations. Being at this party tonight, with a bunch of people you would not usually see us hanging out with, was definitely a reason to drink a lot more than a normal night out.