26

It was a 20 minute drive from the airport to our hotel in New York. The conversation between Simon and I never stopped flowing. We pulled up outside the hotel and i couldn't help but gasp in awe.

It was the type of hotel you saw in films such as Pretty Woman. There was a carpet leading towards the massive glass doors. The carpet was sheltered by a sort of deep red canopy. The door was manned by a big man dressed in a smart, dark green suit. He held the door open for us and nodded as we walked past him, whilst a bellboy followed behind us with our bags.

I had never been treated like this before, i felt like actual royalty. Simon went straight to the reception desk to collect our room key. I stood in the middle of the reception in shock. The ceiling was so high with the biggest chandeliers i had ever seen. There were fancy paintings all over the wall, no doubt, extremely expensive. The reception room was packed with so many people. Everyone was dressed posh in long dresses and suits, whilst i stood there in my black jeans and denim jacket, feeling extremely under-dressed. 

Simon headed back towards me carrying our room key.

"Ready to go?" I nodded eagerly and followed him towards the massive gold elevators. I couldn't hold in my excitement, especially when Simon hit the elevator button for the second floor to the top! We were going to be so high up, i bet the views will be amazing. 

We walked along the corridor until we arrived at our room 2119. Simon held the key up to the door and it buzzed, signalling our entry. But nothing could have prepared me for what i saw when the doors to the room opened. 

The first thing i saw when the doors opened was a short corridor which opened into a massive room full of ceiling high windows. There were posh, cream coloured furniture facing a big flat screen tv on the wall. In the corner, the room had it's own bar, stocked with a variety of alcohol and soft drinks. There was also a small kitchen area, although i doubt Simon or I will be cooking whilst we are here.

As i carried on looking around the huge suite, i found myself wondering into the bedroom. If i thought the living area was luxurious, there were no words to describe this bedroom. The bed was extravagant with big mahogany coloured bed posts which lifted the bed meters from the ground. I would not be surprised if i needed to jump to be able to get into bed. There were massive wardrobes lined up against the walls to match the colour of the bed posts.

The en-suite attached to the bedroom was covered in black tiles, marble counters and the biggest shower i have ever seen, covering a whole side of the wall. There was also a bath big enough for four people, with jets covering the sides.

"How do you like it?" Simon said as i emerged from the en-suite. He was leaning against the door to the bedroom with a big grin on his face. He knew this is not what i was expecting when i accepted the offer to join him.

"It is amazing" I couldn't hide the awe and excitement in my voice. 

But my gaze suddenly left Simon and drifted over to the giant bedroom windows. I had been so distracted by the decor in the rooms that i hadn't even paid any attention to the view. The excitement i felt about the view coming up in the elevator was nothing compared to what i was seeing now. Although the wintery sky was still grey and gloomy, it did not put a downer on the view of New York. I could see over the top of the vast sky scrapers and office buildings. I could see the lines of traffic and the big crowds of tourists. 

Cities had always been so exciting to me, ever since i was younger. I was never put off by big crowds, instead i was intrigued by them. Some people would've hated this view of bustle and hustle, but i just wanted to join the queues and mayhem.

"You have definitely made a girls dream come true here Simon" I turned to see him making his way closer to me.

"I'm really glad to hear that" He wrapped his arms around my waist and i don't know what came over me, but i lent in to give him a quick peck on the lips. 

I could tell that the kiss had come as a surprise from his, as i pulled back and his eyes were slightly wider that usual. Then he gave me a huge, cheesy grin and i couldn't help the giggle that escaped my lips.

"I've got to meet some business guys in a bit, but i'll take you out for dinner later, if you would like?" Although i knew that we came out here for business, it still made my heart sink a little hearing that Simon was going to abandon me for a while. 

"I would love that" 

I decided that i would go out into New York and do a little bit of shopping whilst Simon was gone. New York was known for having some of the best shopping. Their shopping malls were bigger than the town i live in. I may even have a look for something to wear to dinner tonight with Simon. Hopefully something that will catch his eye.