Chapter Four

WOO it's my 16th birthday!! Happy Birthday me 😁

Leah dragged one foot in front of the other as she wobbled down the stairs. Her balance was trembly and her head was light. She felt she may pass out any second from lack of sleep so she white knuckle gripped the banister.

She heard muttering as she tried to find the kitchen. She was so shaken up last night, she couldn't remember where it was. Finally, she turned left and entered to see three bodies sat at the table and an empty chair placed next to Jared. A woman was stood making breakfast as Leah watched them with fright in her eyes.

When they heard her bare feet against the kitchen tiles, all heads turned and viewed her helpless body.

" Good morning, Leah." Gabriel greeted, looking at his son then back at Leah with a large grin across his face. He must be smiling at her bruised cheek from the dig Jared made on Leah when she wouldn't stop screaming. For a slap, it had caused quite a bit of damage.

When Leah didn't reply, Gabriel gestured his arm out for her to take a seat next to Jared.

As she shifted her feet across the ground, she tripped over a stool that was in front of her and a young boy, who looked to be about fifteen, quickly prevented the fall by catching her arms.

" Easy there. We can't have you dying on him. You're the only one he gets." The teenager cackled, his white teeth on show. The boy had light brown hair that sat on the plan of his head and the same dangerous eyes as his brother. This must be Theo.

Jared shot him a glare before standing up and snatching Leah from the wrist out his arms. Leah yelped and Theo laughed; Gabriel joined in.

" Settle down, boys. We want to give our wonderful, new member of the family a warm welcoming. "

A warm welcoming? Was Gabriel serious or was this their type of sarcasm? Tying people to a chair and having bloody hooks in the kitchen wasn't exactly a friendly, loving environment where Leah would feel safe in.

Then Leah remembered, the corner of the kitchen. Slowly, she moved her head to the side and there it was. It hadn't been dreamt. The soaking wet tiles filled with guts and blood. The hooks reminding Leah how sharp they are and she clamped her eyes shut and silently started to cry. They were muffled by her hand, but Jareds ears still managed to detect them.

" What's wrong?" Jared asked, rubbing his arm up Leah's back and she flinched in worry of his murderous claws touching her. The blonde, middle- aged woman in the corner of the room, turned around to say something but Gabriel grabbed her arm and put his finger to her lip. Lindsay immediately shut up and brought her own empty bowl of porridge from the table.

Gabriel huffed, wiping his hands on his clothes and looked at his son. He'd planned to allow the family to get to know Leah, but not whilst she was acting like this. It was pointless.

" Theo, lets go make a start outside," he then turned and fixed his glare on Jared who tendered Leah. "Jared, hurry up and deal with this nonsense." Gabriel told his son harshly and Jared nodded in reply, avoiding his eyes.

Gabe pulled his wife in for a hug, and kissed her before himself and Theo went outside. Lindsay knew she needed to leave the kitchen without being asked to. She was technically a fully trained hamster by now. She'd spent twenty- two years out here with the men. She was almost- if not, completely brainwashed by now.

" Look at me," Jared said, but Leah moved her face away. Jared's nostrils flared and he gripped her face roughly in his large hands, making her look him in the eyes. The blueness around her pupil stood out from the fresh tears. Her sockets blood-shot and veiny.