Chapter Eleven

"Jared!" Lindsay shrieked painfully as Gabriel immediately approached Leah. His eyes were wide and a vein was peeking slightly out his left temple. His face became steamy and red way too suddenly and Leah screamed out as he gripped her waist with one strong arm, attempting to drag her body of his injured son.

" Let go of me! Let fucking go of me now!" Leah yelled deafening imperatives and Gabriel just slammed her body harshly against the ground. Leah swore she heard her leg snap as she crashed against the floorboards, immediately exploding into sobs through the agony as she crawled her way passed breaking point. She couldn't move; she felt paralysed.

Gabriel rushed to his sons side. Jared was intensely gripping his shoulder, taking sharp breathes in and out. Sweat pored from his forehead like a broken tap.

Theo now entered the room, half asleep and dressed in only a sweatshirt and his boxer shorts. He rubbed his eyes but automatically awoke when he witnessed Jared. His mouth hit the ground from what was going on around him. He didn't know where to look.

" What happened?!"

" Lindsay, go and get the first aid kit, quick." Gabriel instructed, ignoring his youngest son. Lindsay wanted to rush to Jared and she hesitated, fuelling Gabe's anger.

" Now!"

Leah was in too much pain to move. She felt as the agony shifted from her back to her neck, travelling through her body and giving her a instant headache. She strained her neck to look up at Jared's father who awaited his wife, not daring too look at Leah.

Lindsay came rushing in with shaky hands, throwing herself to the bed and opening the first aid kit. She took out some antiseptic and a wipe and Gabriel watched intensely as she tore Jared's shirt from his body. The entire shoulder area was drenched in gargling blood. Jared attempted to stay conscious, but his arm was dancing with pain that Leah had caused.

Lindsay quickly began applying the wipe to Jared's shoulder and he hissed through clenched teeth, cussing under his breath. His father heard, but didn't speak a word until his wife had sorted his son out.

Lindsay applied another wipe and Jared jerked himself up.

" Ouch!"

" I'm sorry, son. It stings a little." Lindsay told him with a raspy, tear-filled voice and the blood was now all gone; all that was shown was three, large holes sprawled against his shoulder and Lindsay quickly applied a bandage to it before any more blood could escape.

" Lindsay, go get Jared a glass of water."

Lindsay obliged and left the room. Theo walked over to Jared who still tried to control his breathing through the unbearable sores that agonised him. He touched his brothers other shoulder and Jared continued heaving. Theo now turned his menacing gaze onto Leah who lay half-dead herself on the ground.

It didn't take him long to put to and two together, and walked towards Leah now, his narrowed eyes becoming two angry slits. His left eye almost disappearing into the bruise that still hung on his skin from his father.

" What the hell? Are you crazy you could of killed him you stupid bitch!" Theo cursed and Gabriel instantly stood up and slapped the back of his sons head for his bad language. It was an aggressive slap, clearly showing his feelings towards cussing. Just like Jared had with Leah- but then went and did it himself. Gabriel then stepped back and took a few deep breaths. The animosity was too evident in his wrinkled face.