Chapter Nineteen

Yes, I'm adding my own bit to Dylan. Only bc he was only mentioned a few times, and using my story I can build on his character. I just wanted him to have a lil story line in it. Lmao.

This is extremely unedited so I'm sorry if it's bad. I just don't have the time.

When Leah and Jared got upstairs, Jared went into the bathroom, and Leah patiently awaited for him to return by sitting on the bed.

When he entered the room, he went over to the night stand and dragged some clothes out to  hand to Leah. She thanked him before removing the ones she was wearing, and quickly slipping her fresh ones over her naked skin. Jared removed his shirt. Once they was done, Jared went and sat beside Leah on the bed.

" How do you like the family?" He asked.

Leah looked up from her lap and her lips spread into a smile. " They're really nice," she said. " You seem really happy around them."

" I am," Jared said, placing his arm on her shoulders, and balanced his head on it.

Leah thought for a moment, and she felt she may as well mention it whilst she was at it. Maybe it was just her thinking things were a little weird- she had to be sure.

" Dylan's not much of a talker," she stated, and Jared lifted his head back up.

He stared ahead for a few minutes, before turning towards Leah. " Yeah,  I know."

" Does he have a girl?" Leah finally managed to ask. She just hoped that Jared didn't notice she'd asked this before. Only, at the time, she was unaware of the boys identity. But now, there must have been a reason why Jared didn't want to tell her. Why he was keeping secrets from her.

Jared shot her a look, and she glared at him in slight fear. " You're at it with the questions again." Leah looked away from him and bowed her head at the ground. She should've known he wouldn't answer to her. It was pointless.

" Sorry." Leah apologised, and Jared took a deep breath before scratching the back of his neck. They sat in uncomfortable silence for a few minute, and Leah picked at the torn skin around her fingernail to ease the awkwardness.

"He did, but she died a few years ago." Jared surprisingly told her, and Leah brought her head up, and her light eyes met his.

" How?" Leah interviewed, intrigued, hoping she weren't taking it a step to far. She always managed to, without even realising it.

Jared moved away from her so the conversation wasn't tense, and grabbed a bottle of water from the night stand which had been there since this morning. He slurped some of it, before he placed the lid on top, and brought his eyes up to meet Leah's that were eager for more information.

" She killed herself, " he watched as Leah's eyes now widened instantly and her pupil shrunk. Jared shouldn't of told her that, but if he continued hiding minor things from her, the bigger secrets would seem more traumatising, and Leah was finally beginning to adjust to their way of life. Jared didn't want to ruin it.

" Oh.." Leah said so quietly he could barely hear her. She rotated her head in the other direction so Jared couldn't see shock written all over her face. She wished the bedroom was messy right now so she didn't have to sit there like a fool. If it was, she could of cleaned whilst they spoke. That way, she wouldn't show her incredulity and stun so much.

But no, she was forced to look at him, and become an actress for the next twenty seconds.

" Yeah," Jared let out a sigh. " We try not to bring it up. It's kind of a sensitive subject within the family."