Chapter Twenty-One

Leah gasped, and sprang up from the morning ground the minute she heard the sound of that barely audible voice behind her that caused her to jump out her skin- literally. The second she whipped her body around, the cold glass slipped out of her instantly sweaty palms, and went crashing against the concrete beside the grass, little bits of danger coating the floor.

Leah's eyes were planted on the ground staring at the shattered cup, until she shot her head up so fast she almost broke her neck, and seen Taylor, stood proudly in front of her; his arms were crossed over each other and he had a small smile on his lips. He seemed happy to have caught Leah. Happy that she was most definitely going to be hurt for this.

" What are you doing outside, Leah?" Taylor asked, his posture not moving or changing in the slightest. His legs were still planted against the ground, shoulder-width apart. " You know you're not allowed to be."

Leah was stunned- the breath was hitched in her throat which meant she was unable to reply to Taylor. Her eyes couldn't remove from his body. The way he was stood terrified her; his bulging arms stared into her blue, frightened eyes. She could only imagine what they were capable of. Would Taylor be allowed to hit her?

When Leah didn't reply, Taylor rose an eyebrow, and his grin grew wider, but he didn't move. He was right next to the door, whilst Leah had just got off the grass when she'd jumped. She couldn't move. Couldn't face what was about to happen. It wasn't what it looked like, but what it looked like was exactly what Taylor was already thinking .

Taylor took a step towards her, and Leah coiled beneath his gaze. No matter how far away he were, it was still intimidating, and scarier than ever. He leant down a little and Leah watched his every move as if it was his last. Or maybe her last.

" Come back over here," Taylor curled his finger, beckoning her towards him." I'm going to have to tell Jared about this,"

" No..," Leah suddenly chocked out at the sound of Jared's name.

Jared.

Oh god, no.

He was going to think she was trying to run away from him, and she wasn't! She really wasn't. Leah just needed to feel the cold air in her throat and in her nose for the first time in forever, but he just wasn't going to see it that way. But Jared should know by now that Leah would never, ever go anywhere. She'd even told him so the other day.

" I'd never leave you, Jared." Would she?

Oh no.. even worse. Jared was going to think Leah lied to him. He was going to think that Leah was telling him what he wanted to hear in order to plot a plan and escape again.

Leah's heart was thudding so fast in her chest as her mind spiralled out of control from this overload of possibilities that have formed into thoughts in her mind, and she didn't even notice that Taylor had took another step across the grass.

" Yes, Leah," he said lowly, still talking to her like she was a young child. " Now, come on. I don't want to have to hurt you."

" P-please. Jared can't know, he can't- it wasn't like that I wasn't doing anything wrong." Leah couldn't go back inside. Jared was going to punish her. Or worse.

" Leah," Taylor looked down at her, and when he noticed she was shifting more and more backwards away from him, he jolted right towards her.

" No!" Leah screamed, before attempting to turn, and run behind the farm house, when Taylor easily caught up and clamped his large arms right around her waist.

She screeched piercingly as he threw her body over his shoulder, and tears began to rush from Leah's eyes in fear; she was full blown sobbing into his back, as she weakly whacked it, hoping he would let her go so she could explain.