Chapter Twenty-Nine

Im not sure this story will be much longer now :( thank u to everyone's who's read and enjoyed. Also, this is short, and I hope the story is making sense bc I only feel like it isn't lol

Leah's heavy eyelids began to peel open and all she could see was blackness. She furrowed her brows, and lifted her body up quickly, which caused her stomach to curdle, and she groaned slightly. The room was pitch black, and Leah knew it was night time by the way the bars on the windows caused the moons shine to slice through into the bedroom.

Leah jolted her head at the sound of movement, and then the room went still with silence, the darkness somehow consuming her and she gulped in fear. Her stomach began to gargle, and that strange, sickly feeling lingered within her, and she pressed her hand against her stomach.

" Jared?" Leah said shakily.

She was awaiting a response when she heard the click of the lamp, and the room filled with lightness. Leah turned in a snap, and she noticed Jared right beside it, a gentle smile on his face, and a plate of food beside him.

" Hey, sleepyhead," he greeted, crossing over and handing her glasses to her. She placed them on.

" What was you doing?" Leah asked, her brows still knitted together as her eyes whipped side to side. She was trying to control her belly's odd growls. Her head was light, and she put her hand against it. She must've woken up too quickly.

Jared chuckled. " I was just waiting for you to wake up. I brought you some food."

" Thank you.. but, I'm not to hungry," she forced out. She felt something rising in her throat, and she pressed her fingers against her lips. " I.. I think I'm going to be sick."

Jared's eyes rose, and Leah jumped up off the bed and raced into the bathroom. She was trying to hold it until she reached the toilet. She knew Jared wouldn't be too happy if she threw up everywhere.

Leah's knees collapsed the minute she entered the bathroom, her naked skin sliding against the tiled floor painfully and she took her glasses off her face. Her head dunked into the toilet and she began spewing, her stomach straining as she just threw up bile. She hadn't ate, so the taste was the most horrific thing, and made her gag more.

She heard foot steps behind her, then Jared's rough hands slide against her neck and tuck her hair behind her ear.

" Why are you sick?" Jared asked with concern.

It seemed like a trick question. How was she suppose to know?

" I have no idea," she told him, her voice groggy as she wiped yellow liquid from the corner of her mouth.

She turned to him and his eyes were small, his face pulled back in confusion. He knelt down, pressing the back of his palm against her forehead.

He stared at her for a little while, before getting up and rushing out the bathroom. Leah's veiny eyes followed him in wonder, and she said nothing, knowing he wouldn't want her questioning him.

Minutes later, he returned with the plate of food she'd noticed on the nightstand. He was harshly digging his fork into some vegetables.

" You haven't ate today," Jared said in rush, bringing the fork up to her lips before she had time to speak.

Leah, startled, swallowed it without question and slowly swiped her hand against her mouth again. " I don't think that's the problem."

Jared backed away a little, his eyes still large and his pupil dilated as he placed the plate on the ground. He stood up, taking his cap off and ruffling his hand through his hair as he paced across the bathroom.