Chapter Twenty- Eight

School is really crazy atm guys so you really do need to bear with me. I update once a week, and that's all I can manage I'm afraid. :(!!

---

Leah was walking slowly down the corridor of the farm house, only the rooms seemed wider and the walls were painted a mouldy green colour. Blood was coating the ground as Leah's bare feet slipped across the filthy carpet, and she was shaking from head to toe due to a cold breeze that nipped at her skin. She went to wrap her arms around herself in attempt for warmth, but Leah seemed to move in slow motion, and she realised she had a baby in her arms.

Leah's eyes widened, her breath hitching as she leaned closer to the baby to examine every aspect of them. Her glasses was falling down her face, but she didn't care. It was a baby boy: her eyes through her lenses ran across his smooth, clear skin that was blushed slightly. He was boiling hot. His tiny hands wrapped around her thumb, and it seemed he'd passed his heat onto her through a connection as warmth spread across her chest from this gesture.

She heard a echoing thud from in front of her, and her body jolted. She was now facing forward. Leah gasped when she seen a middle-aged man in front of her. Her turquoise eyes expanded when he seen a police badge on his chest. What was he doing here? How had he got in?

" Give me the baby, Miss Marshall," he instructed, stretching his arms out. " You're both coming with us."

Us? There was more of them. Leah held a fearful expression, and she clung onto the baby tighter. Oh no, please.

The policeman took a step closer to her, and she backed up, falling into the wall and letting out a small scream. The police officer smiled, raising a dark, hairy eyebrow.

" There's no escaping. Hand over the child. He needs a good home." The policeman said.

" Jared!" Leah squealed. Sweat was leaking from her forehead like a broken tap, and the dirty nightie she wore stuck to her body.

The policeman sniggered. " You know you can't keep a baby that's been born to them, Leah."

Leah gulped, letting out a sob. He was going to take him away. Them away. For some reason, she felt the need to protect him. He was hers!

Before Leah could react, the policeman charged at her, gripping the baby between his arms, and Leah's piercing screech filled the farm house as she cried for her one and truly to save her. " No, no- stop. Jared! Jared, please help me!"

" Leah," she heard his voice, but it sounded different, much clearer than the policeman's had, and she stopped trying to drag her baby from the man as her ears pricked up. She then yelled out when she heard the policeman grunt and growl with a sort of animalistic manner. It didn't seem real at all, but it felt it. She could feel him tugging viciously at her arms.

" Leah," Jared called out much louder, but Leah couldn't see him and she began to weep as she fought against the policeman who pushed her against the ground.

" Leah, wake up!" Leah's eyes flew open, and she was screaming like an exorcist had entered her weakened body. Straight away, she witnessed through blurry eyes, Jared in front of her, his tight grip on her shoulders and his brown eyes stretched, presenting the confusion and worry.

A dream. It had all been a dream..

Again.

These nightmares happened so frequently that Leah couldn't tell reality from fantasy these days.

" Jared," she rushed out, scurrying back on the bed, and he let go of her shoulders. She stared intensely at him for a few moments. Her large glasses were hanging off her face. She straightened them before diving at him, and he was caught off guard, stumbling backwards as her body attached itself to him.